Now Online: The Full Trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 09:18 PM

Behold: the full length trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is now online!
Enjoy in glorious Quicktime High Definition: here (med), here (super large) and here (small). It is also available here in our galleries. Update: Yahoo has also released new character banners here!
Direct links as follows:

Medium
Small

FLASH
Large
Small

IPOD

This full length trailer for the sixth Harry Potter film is a dramatic serious trailer, full of new music, stunning new footage, most notably Snape whispering "It's Over."New are dramatic scenes in the cave, new dialogue from Dumbledore on how he can not destroy it by himself, and Lupin speaks about a mission given to Draco Malfoy. There are new shots of Ginny reaching out to Harry saying "take my hand," and then, they hold hands. Also new are shots of the Quidditch stadium, a close up of the Dark Mark, Hermione smacking Ron on the shoulder with her book in the Great Hall, stunned students standing at the bottom of the tower, Draco, Harry and Sectumsempra fight in the bathroom, a cursed Katie Bell hanging in the snowy air, much to the horror of the Trio, new shots of the creeping crawling Inferi, Draco wavering on the Tower saying "I have to do this," new footage of the Death Eater attack on the Bridge in London and much much more.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

I thought that poster was a fake when I first saw it. Really cool though.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 17, 2009, 09:40 AM report to moderator
Dscn052l5_edited_thumb

Ok, I know I said I wouldn’t watch any new trailers, but OMG THIS WAS SO AWESOME!! I got chills from watching :D

Posted by Meri on April 17, 2009, 09:52 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

This one is the best yet. I have goosebumps! Squee!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 17, 2009, 09:57 AM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

OMFG. i just almost died =)
looooved it XD
except when Malfoy said “i have to do this” it sounded…weird? i dunno..

Posted by DesQueJteVois on April 17, 2009, 10:08 AM report to moderator
Baby_harry_thumb

not to be just another person on the 15 pages of people saying this, but: AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by savingharry on April 17, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
Dsc00162_thumb

As I’ve said before, this is my least favorite of the books, but it looks as if it could be the best film so far. Oddly enough, from the trailer, it looks as if this is the finale! I’m sure non HP fans (are there any really out there?) can’t imagine how there could be two more movies to go!

Posted by dcrazmo {ROAR} on April 17, 2009, 10:20 AM report to moderator
Photo_4_thumb

best trailer ever!

Posted by bookworm1102 on April 17, 2009, 10:23 AM report to moderator
N505104779_1292209_2919784_thumb

Mine won’t load all the way, so I only saw the first 20 seconds, but oh, my Jesus, that looks fantastic. Love the cave, it’s very big. Not at all like I imagined.

I looked at a pic of cursed Katie Bell, and let me tell you, that looks like a very disturbing scene.

Posted by Jason Devastation on April 17, 2009, 10:25 AM report to moderator
N505104779_1292209_2919784_thumb

Overall, it looks fantasic, and I can’t wait until the 15th of July.

Posted by Jason Devastation on April 17, 2009, 10:29 AM report to moderator

THIS WAS SO AMAZING! I CAN NOT WAIT FOR IT!

Posted by AlexaP*ROAR* on April 17, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator

THIS WAS SO AMAZING! I CAN NOT WAIT FOR IT!

Posted by AlexaP*ROAR* on April 17, 2009, 10:36 AM report to moderator
N505104779_1292209_2919784_thumb

I just watched it on Trailer Addict. I got butterflies in my stomach.
:D

Posted by Jason Devastation on April 17, 2009, 10:39 AM report to moderator

“Though I don’t seem to remember reading anything about the Burrow burning down. They seem to have taken a great deal of liberty with the book.”

That scene was written by J.K. Rowling and then edited out. She knew about the addition and was fine with it. I personally can’t wait. Weee,

Posted by Erin Lovegood on April 17, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Snape pwning Harry = AWESOME!

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 17, 2009, 10:58 AM report to moderator
1691273755a1691353847b766100513l_thumb

That was…. Amazing!
I just loved that piece where Snape says: It’s over…
Wow

Posted by qwientje on April 17, 2009, 11:02 AM report to moderator

Harry was used to spiders, because the cupboard under the stairs was full of them, and that was where he slept.

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014