Leaky First Look at New Half-Blood Prince Trailer: Casting the Dark Mark and The Locket

HBP Film
April 16, 2009, 02:19 PM

Thanks to WB, TLC has two stills from the upcoming new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Here in our galleries we can see a jubilant Bellatrix casting the Dark Mark high over the grounds of Hogwarts, joined by the Carrow sister and a laughing Fenrir Greyback. Also, we can see Harry Potter holding the Locket.

As we told you previously, the new full trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due to hit tonight at 9:00pm ET. Stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Baby_harry_thumb

Ok, the whole harry holding the locket thing is odd. Is it the fake locket? if so, why does it look so exactly like the real locket? shouldn’t it look different (unless, as one person pointed out, maybe it does). If it’s the real locket, why does harry have it? Are we SURE this is harry holding the locket? Who said it was harry? that’s what it said in the post, but I wonder where they got the information. It would make more sense if it was tom holding the locket or something. I’m confused.

Posted by savingharry on April 16, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator

savingharry: It’s deffo Harry, you can see his red sleeve. It’s the fake locket that he retreives from the cave. I could be wrong though.

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 16, 2009, 02:51 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

its harry because the person is wearing the same exact red sweater with a black stripe that harry is wearing in other pictures during the inferi scene. that sweater belongs to him

Posted by Avangelis {WBM} on April 16, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I don’t remember if the lockets looked that different, but the fake locket would be the most likely one in book six (movie 6).

Posted by budgie on April 16, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator

yeah, and when Harry opens the REAL locket in Deathly Hallows it opens like a photo framed locket, to reveal the torturing images of Ron’s worst fears. I believe that this is the fake locket and it wouldn’t surprise me if R.A.B isn’t even mentioned until Deathly Hallows.

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 16, 2009, 02:55 PM report to moderator
Jk-j-k-rowling-harry-potter-and-the-order-of-the-phoenix-unabridged-compact-discs_thumb

I just figured out the Bellatrix scene is probably after Dumbledore is hit by the Avada Kedrava curse, because that is the only time in the book when the Death Eaters are in Hogwarts. I can’t wait to see the new trailer.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on April 16, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator

@savingharry, we don’t know what the real locket looks like yet. The locket advertized a few months ago was a replica of the FAKE locket. I can imagine that the real locket will be identical to the one on the Adult British Edition of the Deathly Hallows.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 16, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator

I’ve kinda got used to the locked thats on the cover of the adult virson of HBP.. Anyways, im in sweden could anybody tell me how many hours there are left right NOW? Im staying up all night.. its already 9 pm here now^^

Posted by neopolitandreams17 on April 16, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

I’m pretty sure the book says the fake locket looks different to the real one. But this locket looks like the one we’ve seen in photos before for HBP which makes me worry because idk if they’d show us so many pictures of the fake.

What I’m wondering is… as they haven’t shown the real locket before (it was in OotP book) what if they abandon the fake locket thing and just have Harry find the real one? I know this is majorly different from the books but they do have a habit of changing really important things. They could easily have Harry try to get another Horcrux from the pond. Hmm I hope I’m wrong though and I hope it is the fake in the pic.

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 16, 2009, 02:58 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

I like the locket. iv had to tell so many people that this is not the Horcrux locket ha.

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 16, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator

Yes it is the fake locket, because we don’t see the real locket again until “Deathly Hallows”. That is a cool scene in the DH book when Ron has to destroy the locket horcrux with the Riddle-Harry and Hermione.

I hope they do that scene well in the DH movies. It most likely will be the first part of the movie and then it will leave off there to begin the second part of DH.

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on April 16, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator

Posted by harrypotterbookpurist on April 16, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

@Vampirella It’s six hours from now :/ I’m gonna go to sleep and then put me alarm on in time for the live PC (it’s 8pm here).

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 16, 2009, 03:00 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

wwo!! Looks ace even from the two pictures… the locket looks different than I thought it would, less bulky!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on April 16, 2009, 03:02 PM report to moderator

on noblecollection.com its shows that same locket in the picture with the caption, “the locket from the cave”. So the locket in the picture is the FAKE locket, we won’t see the REAL locket until the trio take it from Umbridge.

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 16, 2009, 03:04 PM report to moderator

"Took me six months to track [Karkaroff] down, and Crouch is going to let him go if he's got enough new names. Let's hear his information, I say, and throw him straight back to the dementors."