Another Confirmation on the Aging Process and Cast for Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

Several times in the past, we've reported on various cast members, such as Rupert Grint (Ron), discussing the epilogue for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the possible aging process to be used on the original cast members. Today, MTV has a new article where film producer David Heyman also weighs in on the epilogue, noting:

“We will shoot it,” producer David Heyman confirmed for MTV News. Rowling wrote a flash-forward ending to “The Deathly Hallows” that shows where the characters end up as they grow older. Heyman also indicated that the original Hogwarts actors would be filling those roles for the sequence, rather than being replaced by older lookalikes.

“Yes,” he acknowledged, nodding that aging done to the characters would use the existing cast.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently in production in London, England, with Part One due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two, July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Hangin__out_at_the_game_-_small_thumb

Wouldn’t it be nice if they had a “progressive aging” like through a collage of “Daily Prophet” articles showing how they’d spent the last 19 years?

Posted by potter_mom_in_GA on April 17, 2009, 07:37 AM report to moderator

that’s awesome. After I saw the wonderful work they did with Benjamin Button, I’m sure the cast will really seem older.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 17, 2009, 08:16 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

YAYAYAY! Thats great! I was hoping they’d do this! I really am looking forward to DH 1 & 2 … they are gonna be GOOD!

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 17, 2009, 08:22 AM report to moderator
Marguerite_thumb

Creepy!!!

Posted by Despina on April 17, 2009, 08:51 AM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

I’m so pleased, I love the Epilogue, can’t wait to see Albus Severus and hope that they keep the dialogue exactly as written by Jo.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on April 17, 2009, 09:27 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Ooh I can’t wait to see them all “oldified” haha!

Posted by maera-kyrie on April 17, 2009, 10:51 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

This is good. Glad to hear. It’s like the perfect end. I wonder if they will cast Rose, Hugo, Albus, James, Lily, Victorie and Teddy? (I hope so!) x

3_thumb

yay im so happy about this :)

Posted by on April 17, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Half-blood_prince_promo_thumb

Brilliant! =D

Posted by Elena on April 17, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Mecut_thumb

yessss! man, this is so exciting!

Posted by MysteryLights on April 17, 2009, 02:59 PM report to moderator
Edith___thumb
nddulac [Dodo], what the heck?

Hands Up For Detention With Snape, YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!
Horcruxalej, totally.

Good. Now let’s just pray they keep the “bravest man I ever knew” line.

Posted by badger666 on April 17, 2009, 09:31 PM report to moderator
Picture1_thumb

I am happy to hear this even thoug I do believe I’ve heard it before. Leaving out this scene would be bad as it gives the story a proper ending, imo. I wonder who they’ll cast as the nextgeneration/what they will look like. Draco better have that receeding hairline.

Posted by blue4t on April 18, 2009, 12:03 AM report to moderator
Harry_snl_thumb

This is excellent news — they are definitely doing the right thing, and I’m sure the results will be fantastic. Except I don’t like thinking that it’s really going to be over, ya know? :o( Sigh.

Zzz_thumb

I’m glad they’re keeping the epilogue. I would be upset if they didn’t. Also glad that they’re not trying to get older look-a-likes and just aging the current actors. That will make it much better.

Posted by mOOn-stArs-sUn [WBM] on April 18, 2009, 07:32 AM report to moderator

Unless he was very much mistaken (and he was not planning on saying it to anybody, in case he was), he had just achieved an "Outstanding" O.W.L.