Another Confirmation on the Aging Process and Cast for Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

Several times in the past, we've reported on various cast members, such as Rupert Grint (Ron), discussing the epilogue for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the possible aging process to be used on the original cast members. Today, MTV has a new article where film producer David Heyman also weighs in on the epilogue, noting:

“We will shoot it,” producer David Heyman confirmed for MTV News. Rowling wrote a flash-forward ending to “The Deathly Hallows” that shows where the characters end up as they grow older. Heyman also indicated that the original Hogwarts actors would be filling those roles for the sequence, rather than being replaced by older lookalikes.

“Yes,” he acknowledged, nodding that aging done to the characters would use the existing cast.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently in production in London, England, with Part One due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two, July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Rowena_thumb

More good news! I think we;ve come so far with makeup and special effects that this should be no problem. A recent episode of How I met Your Mother aged the 20-somethings into 60-somethings and it looked totally fine.. I’m so happy to know that we’re not ending the series on 3 random adults!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 17, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 17, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

(I’m so sorry for double post! I don’t know why it did that, but I apologize!!)

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 17, 2009, 12:21 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I felt like I won something when I read this!!! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 17, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

Thanks to the amazing aging in Ben Boredom (Button I mean Button) I’m now excited that they can do this – now Mr lovely Heyman Please please PLEASE fix it for us to have a montage of the trio’s family shots to show the passing years… like the enagagments, weddings and babies births – that would make this news even more ace!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 17, 2009, 01:44 AM report to moderator
Cute_pom_puppy_thumb

Uggh, gross. I was really hoping the film would leave the epilogue completely alone and show a more immediate effect that Voldermort’s defeat had on the wizarding world.

Posted by Lexi86 on April 17, 2009, 03:13 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

YES! That’s great!!

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 17, 2009, 03:27 AM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

That’s good then :D That’s how i wanted it to be :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on April 17, 2009, 04:58 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I’m worried about this – are the trio seriously going to play 40 year olds in the last scene?

Posted by Juine on April 17, 2009, 06:02 AM report to moderator
Trio05_thumb

Yay thank God Emma, Dan, Rupert, Bonnie and the others are gonna do it. It’ll be soo amazing to see them aged to look like they are in their late 30’s. I can’t wait to see who the lucky ones are to play their kids. I’m soo happy about it! That means Rupert and Emma have a load of lovey-doveyness in the films, poor them, it’ll be soo good to see them kiss.

Posted by Lizzie on April 17, 2009, 06:05 AM report to moderator
Dsc03936_thumb

this is very good news! can you imagine how horribly disappointing it would of been if they were to use older actors! It wouldn’t be as special i don’t think!

Posted by Hannah18 on April 17, 2009, 06:06 AM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_thumb

Yay for the epilogue! Im glad they are keeping the original cast =)

Posted by AbiDumbledore on April 17, 2009, 06:15 AM report to moderator
Maryjim_thumb

gah! Oh this is great. Now I’m curious for the next-generation cast. :D

Posted by treebeliever on April 17, 2009, 06:22 AM report to moderator
Cafe_press_thumb

I think the warner brothers would have lost all trust of the viewers if they had not used the trio. I know it is a bit that will most likely not make it, but I’d love to get a glimps of Percy aged. Also Tom F. will look so good as an aged Draco!

Posted by grandmabeth on April 17, 2009, 07:01 AM report to moderator
Littlel_thumb

Glad they’re keeping the epilogue and the original cast. A sad but perfect ending to HP!

Posted by littleL on April 17, 2009, 07:06 AM report to moderator

"Vare is Herm-own-ninny?" said a voice.[br]Krum had just arrived at their table clutching two butterbeers.[br]"No idea," said Ron mulishly, looking up at him. "Lost her, have you?"[br]Krum was looking surly again.