Another Confirmation on the Aging Process and Cast for Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

Several times in the past, we've reported on various cast members, such as Rupert Grint (Ron), discussing the epilogue for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the possible aging process to be used on the original cast members. Today, MTV has a new article where film producer David Heyman also weighs in on the epilogue, noting:

“We will shoot it,” producer David Heyman confirmed for MTV News. Rowling wrote a flash-forward ending to “The Deathly Hallows” that shows where the characters end up as they grow older. Heyman also indicated that the original Hogwarts actors would be filling those roles for the sequence, rather than being replaced by older lookalikes.

“Yes,” he acknowledged, nodding that aging done to the characters would use the existing cast.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently in production in London, England, with Part One due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two, July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

8b23294eb01675737c1d66ad719c6e95_thumb

By the time all filming is done, it shouldn’t be so hard to age them. They’re already getting past the ages they play anyway. It’s not as though they have to look elderly, or even very middle aged. It should be good! (Seems like it would’ve been as hard or harder to keep them looking young enough all these years!)

Posted by Mollywobbles on April 16, 2009, 07:21 PM report to moderator
Avatar_3_thumb

Oh yay! This is so great!!! I’m interested to see how they are going to age them. I can’t wait to see how they look!

Posted by Lavendergirl ~WBM~ on April 16, 2009, 07:24 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

YEEEEAAAHHHHHHH!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited!! I CAN NOT wait!!!!!! I hope the final 2 movies are LONG!!!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 16, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Once they shoot they have to put it in the film! And not cut it!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on April 16, 2009, 07:33 PM report to moderator
Normal_dh_onset_londonday2_08_thumb

Now that we know that the trio will play themselves, I wonder who the children will be…..

Posted by DanielleD on April 16, 2009, 07:42 PM report to moderator
Believe-in-magic1_thumb

Ahhh I couldnt be more excited!! Its really gonna be awesome to see theme play their characters 17 years later. sigh I’m really over the moon about this one! I cant wait!!!

Posted by Miss_Mimz on April 16, 2009, 07:43 PM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

This is VERY GOOD NEWS!!!! I am so happy just to hear that they are filming it. I was afraid they were going to cut it. Good Good Good.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 16, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

This makes me very happy! I look forward to seeing it on screen. There would have been no other good way to do this that would be pleasing to the fans. I’m so excited and i can’t wait to see it!! :D

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on April 16, 2009, 07:45 PM report to moderator
Leaky_thumb

I’m afraid I think this is a terrible idea. It will instantly take people out of the story. Instead of thinking `Wow – so that’s the way the story ends!‘, people will be thinking either `Wow – they did a terrific job of aging them’ or worse, `Oh man, they did a terrible job of aging them’.

In fact, the more I think of it, the more I think they probably shouldn’t include the epilogue at all … it works well in a book, but in an alread action packed film it might just be too much.

Just like the last Lord of the Rings films. There was a great ending, but then the movie kept going for another 20 minutes

Posted by Ravenclawed on April 16, 2009, 07:51 PM report to moderator

I can’t wait!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 16, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Abbie_on_pillow_thumb

Excellent news! I figured the Epilogue had to be included and that they really had to use the same actors, but confirmation is always a great relief. I can’t wait to see Daniel have that conversation with little Albus Severus…it’s gonna be great! I am loving everything I’m hearing about DH so far! But I do agree with those who say that the “we’re filming it” comment might imply that if it doesn’t work, they’ll cut it. I guess they always have to leave in that caveat, but I think they’ll pull it off just fine.

Posted by GinaC on April 16, 2009, 07:56 PM report to moderator
Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

O MY! thsi makes me so giddy knowing that my favorite actors will look old :) and not have replacements HEHE

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on April 16, 2009, 07:57 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Oh, that’s such good news! I am so happy that they are using Emma, Rupert, Dan and Bonnie for the epilogue scenes! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 16, 2009, 08:05 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I’m glad they are going to age up the current actors playing the roles & not substituting – it’s always a stretch when they try to pick someone who “looks like the younger version” or vice versa. Gotta say though…it’s a bit weird talking about DH when HBP isn’t even out yet!

Posted by Lillylove on April 16, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator

COOL BEANS!!! :)) I can’t wait to see them all looking older.

Posted by Libby on April 16, 2009, 08:34 PM report to moderator

"Funny place," she said, "it's a bit [i]too[/i] clean, d'you know what I mean? Bit unnatural. Oh, this is better," she added, as they entered Harry's bedroom and he turned on the light.