Another Confirmation on the Aging Process and Cast for Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

Several times in the past, we've reported on various cast members, such as Rupert Grint (Ron), discussing the epilogue for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the possible aging process to be used on the original cast members. Today, MTV has a new article where film producer David Heyman also weighs in on the epilogue, noting:

“We will shoot it,” producer David Heyman confirmed for MTV News. Rowling wrote a flash-forward ending to “The Deathly Hallows” that shows where the characters end up as they grow older. Heyman also indicated that the original Hogwarts actors would be filling those roles for the sequence, rather than being replaced by older lookalikes.

“Yes,” he acknowledged, nodding that aging done to the characters would use the existing cast.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently in production in London, England, with Part One due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two, July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Mugsp_profile_thumb

The way he says “we will shoot it” makes me feel that they might cut it out. They’ll make sure they’re covered but there’s no guarantee it’s in. They’ll probably try to pull it off to see how it feels. I almost would rather see in the movie end after the battle, roll the credits and then show the epilogue as a stinger. I always like to wait till the end of credits for little bonuses. This would be perfect.

Posted by eiVega on April 16, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Posted by eiVega on April 16, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Posted by eiVega on April 16, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator

Noooooo! I must be the only person on the entire planet who absolutely hated the epilogue. I hope they put it after the credits, or even during them. My perfect movie ending would be Harry saying his “I’ve had enough trouble for a lifetime” line, cue the credits. The End.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 16, 2009, 06:16 PM report to moderator
Poa-09_thumb

They WERE filming in London then – my friend and I went all over looking for them yesterday – no such luck :(

Posted by Matilda S. on April 16, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

cool, this makes me happy

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on April 16, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I was hoping they would make this work. I don’t care how young they would look. By the time they get to it it won’t be like they are little kids or anything. Good.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 16, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

this is gonna be potta-mazinn

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 16, 2009, 06:38 PM report to moderator
The_one__colored_by_burdge_bug_thumb

I guess i was never concerned with them shooting this…becuase i was sure they wouldn’t leave it out…coz if they did! angry fan mail would be in by the tonne!

but that’s cool they’re going to age up the current cast!

Posted by Luce-Lupin !~ROAR~! on April 16, 2009, 06:42 PM report to moderator
Me_and_thumpa_thumb

Very Goodly they cant end the series with rambms

Posted by PineApple / Ananas on April 16, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator
Me_and_thumpa_thumb

Very Goodly they cant end the series with rambms

Posted by PineApple / Ananas on April 16, 2009, 06:48 PM report to moderator

Thank goodness for that.

Posted by tgfoy (ROAR) on April 16, 2009, 07:04 PM report to moderator
Avatars_mvoies2_misc_07_thumb

Yay…So excited to hear this…I think they will all look fine…just add a few wrinkles and small things like that…18 years is not really all that long of a time. Plus, keep in mind that wizards live to be really old, so they may be able to use that as an explanation if they still look a little too young to be in their mid 30s

Posted by AM02135 [ROAR] on April 16, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

when i first read the epilogue i was very disappointed in it. But after i read it a few more times, i realized it was the PERFECT ending. It was simple. It showed what harry had wanted his entire life, a family. It showed he was a happy, normal father and husband. Thats all we could hope for as fans. sure it would have been nice to see more of the other characters (namely luna), but in the end, this series was about Harry. The epilogue was about Harry as well. To be honest, JKR could NOT have completely wrapped everything up in the epilogue, there was too much (this is in response to people who didnt really like the epilogue)…I am SOOO happy they are keeping the original cast. thats the ONLY way to do it.

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on April 16, 2009, 07:16 PM report to moderator
Dhcalendar_thumb

aw, that’s awesome, cause like if daniel radcliffe didn’t shave and all, and they made him a bit taller with a few wrinkles he could look about 30…or not…idk…lol

Posted by Brianna on April 16, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator