Another Confirmation on the Aging Process and Cast for Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

Several times in the past, we've reported on various cast members, such as Rupert Grint (Ron), discussing the epilogue for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the possible aging process to be used on the original cast members. Today, MTV has a new article where film producer David Heyman also weighs in on the epilogue, noting:

“We will shoot it,” producer David Heyman confirmed for MTV News. Rowling wrote a flash-forward ending to “The Deathly Hallows” that shows where the characters end up as they grow older. Heyman also indicated that the original Hogwarts actors would be filling those roles for the sequence, rather than being replaced by older lookalikes.

“Yes,” he acknowledged, nodding that aging done to the characters would use the existing cast.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently in production in London, England, with Part One due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two, July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I am very pleased about this. They really seem to pull out all the stops for DH. :) And for the age make-up. They probably don´t even have to use digital effects, they can get a real good make-up artist and he/she´ll come up with it. It is only a few years. :)

Posted by Fonty on April 16, 2009, 04:37 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

Yay!!!!!! :)

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on April 16, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator

I’m glad that they are playing themselves! It wouldn’t be the same if they just had lookalikes! :)

Posted by kendra.dumbledore on April 16, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
Bookworm_thumb

This is great news; I can’t wait to see it! :)

Posted by Bookworm Jen on April 16, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator

I’m all happy and sad at the same time.

I’m going to cry my eyes out when it is over….

Posted by AJWC1 on April 16, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

haha! yay! thats going to be so interesting…and sooooo sweet.Our heros with their kids. buci bu : )

Posted by Matea on April 16, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

good desicion. very good decision

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on April 16, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator

Excellent

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 16, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

excellent, I kind of expected it but it’s good to have a confirmation

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on April 16, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

I’M SO EXCITED!!! Thank Goodness they’re using Dan, Rupert, and Emma instead of some different actors. The epilogue will be sooo much more emotional with them…I CAN’T WAIT!!!! I can’t think of one thing they’re leaving out of movie 7 so far!!! Yay!!!!

Posted by cghambright on April 16, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

That’s great, I’m really happy they’re not getting new people. I hope that they do the epilogue just like it is in the book, I’d love to see the actors they choose for all the kids. And we’ve got to return to Platform 9 and 3/4 – it’s classic.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on April 16, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

Woo-hoo! It will be so cool to see them aged up a bit. I am glad they are keeping the epilogue even though it wasn’t what I had hoped for, I have come to like it.

Posted by Rhiannon on April 16, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

i really really want to see this film!!

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on April 16, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

this is such gud news. sooo glad they are using Dan, Emaa and Rupert. it will be werid to see them with children though!!

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on April 16, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

Yay! This is good good good

Posted by kayzz on April 16, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Hermione was not alone; she was sitting with the unlikeliest pair of drinking mates he could ever have imagined: Luna Lovegood and none other than Rita Skeeter, ex-journalist on the [i]Daily Prophet[/i] and one of Hermione's least favorite people in the w