Another Confirmation on the Aging Process and Cast for Epilogue of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DH Film
April 16, 2009, 04:05 PM

Several times in the past, we've reported on various cast members, such as Rupert Grint (Ron), discussing the epilogue for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the possible aging process to be used on the original cast members. Today, MTV has a new article where film producer David Heyman also weighs in on the epilogue, noting:

“We will shoot it,” producer David Heyman confirmed for MTV News. Rowling wrote a flash-forward ending to “The Deathly Hallows” that shows where the characters end up as they grow older. Heyman also indicated that the original Hogwarts actors would be filling those roles for the sequence, rather than being replaced by older lookalikes.

“Yes,” he acknowledged, nodding that aging done to the characters would use the existing cast.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently in production in London, England, with Part One due in theaters November of 2010, and Part Two, July of 2011.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

(first)? YES THIS IS GREAT1!!!!!! I wonder if they will show them at thier jobs or at a double wedding or something

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on April 16, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator

Sweeet! I’m so excited!

Posted by on April 16, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

I hope it looks proper though, cuz I can easily imagine it being done wrong and looking corny. I hope we get to see Luna grown up though

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on April 16, 2009, 04:11 PM report to moderator
Herbert_thumb

This is great to hear! I’m looking forward to seeing the trio aged – and (I presume) with children. If they shoot this, I would imagine they would keep in the conversation with Albus Severus.

Posted by Dr. LEW on April 16, 2009, 04:13 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

yay! i’m glad they’re even keeping the epilogue at all.. and this will just make it more amazing :D

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 16, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

i think it will work great look what they did in Benjamin Button and this is still not coming out till like 2011 right? and technology changes fast so by then i bet it will look even better!!

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 16, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Don_t_speak_thumb

YES! I’m so excited! I’m so excited they are using the OG actors for it! It will be amazing!

Posted by srt2gryffndr on April 16, 2009, 04:19 PM report to moderator
250px-youre-a-wizard

Please Film Makers, Make the 2 remaining HP movies length was like Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings, and i don’t care if its more than 3 hrs. each movies. Because until now i’m also watch LOTR again and again… same with Harry Potter 1 – 5

Posted by EnricoDc on April 16, 2009, 04:22 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I must concede that I am very pleased to hear this, that the original cast will be retained during the epilogue scene. That the original actors will close the movie will bring a sense of authenticity to the entire series. Merely knowing that the original trio started the movies and ended them as well is a beautiful thought.

I certainly also think it possible for them to achieve this well. Considering the convincing digital technologies used in Benjamin Button (which will, obviously, improve in the next few years even), I think that they could capture the advance of the years in the characters perfectly.

I am looking forward to more media on the Deathly Hallows a lot…and that does not even cover the trailer coming tonight and the movie this summer! I do not like to be overwhelmed with media, but I certainly am enjoying this!

Posted by Kirk on April 16, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
Hswand2_kopiex_thumb

Yes yes yes! And pleeeeeeeeeeese keep the dialogue with the “greatest man i ever knew” stuff in!

Posted by grey_nightshirt on April 16, 2009, 04:26 PM report to moderator

Oh no, I had hoped the worst parts of DH would be left out, but it doesn’t seem to be the case. Well, as long as they skip the scene showing Voldemort yelling through a megaphone…

Posted by sachem on April 16, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Hermione-06_thumb

This might have been a concern years ago when we even thought that it was possible to replace the original actors to keep the character’s ages but it’s not a surprise to me right now. Fans would be outraged if they didn’t stick with Radcliffe, Grint, and Watson through to the end. I’m looking forward to seeing them aged though and who will play their children!

2011 sniffs

Posted by Witchlover on April 16, 2009, 04:31 PM report to moderator
Juliard_emily_browning_thumb

maybe they will accept fans as their children!
I’m up for meeting Alan Rickman! (Or Jason Isaacs, or Ralph Fiennes, or Evanna Lynch, or Emma Watson….)

Posted by Hands Up For Detention With Snape on April 16, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator
Papertownsdb_thumb

Yeeeessss! I am so relieved, I can’t even say. XDD

Posted by underthefairytales on April 16, 2009, 04:34 PM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

Frijoles frios!

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on April 16, 2009, 04:35 PM report to moderator

"I have a theory, no more than that... It is my belief that your scar hurts both when Lord Voldemort is near you, and when he is feeling a particularly strong surge of hatred... you and he are connected by the curse that failed," said Dumbledore. "That is

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014