New Half-Blood Prince Trailer to Show in Theaters before Ghosts of Girlfriends Past May 1st

HBP Film
April 15, 2009, 09:45 PM

USA Today has a preview of the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released tomorrow night at 9:00 pm (Eastern). The paper reports this trailer will also be showing in movie theaters on May 1st before Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Director David Yates is quoted as saying:

"Once you're hooked into these stories, it's really difficult to let go," director David Yates says. "The audience has grown up with these characters. I think that gives them a very special relationship. I can't think of any other movie franchise that has had that. They started out at 10 or 11, and now they're 18 and 19."

You can also see the new photos now here in our galleries, including a cursed Katie Bell hovering in the air, due to the necklace, Dumbledore waiting in the train station (note the sign behind him) another of Severus Snape by a burning Hagrid's Hut, Fenrir Greyback the Werewolf, grabbing a victim, a closeup of the Dark Mark over Hogwarts, and a dramatic shot of a crazed Bellatrix casting a spell in the Great Hall.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

LOL AT THE PICTURE BEHIND DUMBLEDORE! How ironic is that?

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 16, 2009, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

woooow! the one with Katie looks so terrifying!!!!! I can’t wait anymore..cries and goes crazy

Posted by Matea on April 16, 2009, 06:47 AM report to moderator
Ronhermione_thumb

Whoa! Katie is sooo high up!!
Hehe!! the poster behind dumbledore is so ironic. hehe!
THEY’RE MURDERING HAGRIDS HUT!!! lol!!
Fenrir looks so savage. lol.
that pic of Bellatrix is so iconic of her personality.

Can’t WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ronhermione_thumb

hehe, Jaymie Brooks, i was just thinking that!

12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Wow I can’t wait to see Katie in the trailer! Haha the advert behind DD is hilarious. Is it just me or does the Snape pic look a bit fake though? shrugs

I’m staying up til 2am my time to watch this trailer so it had better be good! (I’m sure it will) Luckily I have a laptop though so my parents shall never know xD

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 16, 2009, 07:15 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

The Katie picture made me squeel – Yates hasn’t shyed away from that whole thing… The POV shot like that is brave!!! And the fact that they’re coming back from the Hogsmead makes me excited… This looks ace and I know rationally it isn’t alot but – RON AND HERMIONE ARE STANDING NEXT TO EACHOTHER!!!!

Posted by JustSuperMione on April 16, 2009, 07:47 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_m2rela3or11qdoyv4o1_500_thumb

I love the sign behind Dumbledore ;) and the Katie Bell one is really cool, too

Posted by *ariana_dumbledore* on April 16, 2009, 08:08 AM report to moderator
2zpr1ao_thumb

i’m sooo excited for the trailer!!! It’s kinda ironic that i hoped the trailer would be in front of The Chronicles of Narnia – that was a year ago. = P

Posted by Dobbyrox [WBM] on April 16, 2009, 08:28 AM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The new images are all fantastic and certainly intriguing. I cannot wait to see the trailer later tonight; unless my expectations have been raised too high, it sounds as though it will be the best we have seen yet out of all of them.

Posted by Kirk on April 16, 2009, 08:34 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

This movie gets more and more exciting!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 16, 2009, 08:37 AM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

Oh Dumbledore, your so divinely magical… lol at that billboard behind him! xD
I really love all the other pictures too. The Katie one looks really promising.
I’m so excited for the trailer!

Posted by Hermionegirl on April 16, 2009, 08:59 AM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

I can’t wait for tonight!! And, of course, for the actual movie =P

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on April 16, 2009, 09:01 AM report to moderator
Img_4556_thumb

Just tired of waiting

Posted by Dolemite [FTC!] on April 16, 2009, 10:40 AM report to moderator
Avatars_bookauthor_bookart_april08_002_thumb

in the background of the diagon alley pick there is a massive Woody from Toystory connected to the building…. weird

Posted by iheartrw on April 16, 2009, 10:44 AM report to moderator

Snape looks cool. I hope we get to see him fight a little in this one. I’m looking forward to the Harry chasing after Snape scene. :p

Posted by on April 16, 2009, 10:49 AM report to moderator

"What does this [i]mean[/i], Albus?" Professor McGonagall asked urgently.[br]"It means," said Dumbledore, "that the Chamber of Secrets is indeed open again."