New Half-Blood Prince Trailer to Show in Theaters before Ghosts of Girlfriends Past May 1st

HBP Film
April 15, 2009, 09:45 PM

USA Today has a preview of the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince will be released tomorrow night at 9:00 pm (Eastern). The paper reports this trailer will also be showing in movie theaters on May 1st before Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. Director David Yates is quoted as saying:

"Once you're hooked into these stories, it's really difficult to let go," director David Yates says. "The audience has grown up with these characters. I think that gives them a very special relationship. I can't think of any other movie franchise that has had that. They started out at 10 or 11, and now they're 18 and 19."

You can also see the new photos now here in our galleries, including a cursed Katie Bell hovering in the air, due to the necklace, Dumbledore waiting in the train station (note the sign behind him) another of Severus Snape by a burning Hagrid's Hut, Fenrir Greyback the Werewolf, grabbing a victim, a closeup of the Dark Mark over Hogwarts, and a dramatic shot of a crazed Bellatrix casting a spell in the Great Hall.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

The picture of Katie gave me chills, I’m so glad they didn’t cut that scene. Come on, July!

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 16, 2009, 01:37 AM report to moderator

Very exciting! :-D

Posted by Lily_Severus on April 16, 2009, 01:59 AM report to moderator

This will be a new twist they are getting better every time cant wait

Posted by HGROSS44 on April 16, 2009, 02:42 AM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

I’ve been waiting for a picture/shot of the Katie Bell necklace scene. I thought that was one of the creepiest parts of HBP and it looks to be fantastic! So eerie and scary.

This is supposed to be the final trailer I hear? Wish it would have come out a tad closer to the release since it is still 3 months away, but no worries. I’m sure we’ll get other behind the scenes stuff or whatever.

Posted by But Hagrid... on April 16, 2009, 03:21 AM report to moderator
Harry__2__thumb

I think “Davied Yates” is right “The audience has grown up with the film characters” and we will grow up until the movie come out =)
the picture of Dumbledore is the best of them.

Posted by 00AMR00 on April 16, 2009, 03:31 AM report to moderator
30305_116079131768789_113664342010268_91277_1312318_s_thumb

Love the pic of Dumbledore…<3!

Posted by Rita_Dumbledore94 on April 16, 2009, 04:32 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Looking forward to it.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 16, 2009, 04:53 AM report to moderator
Hp01_thumb

Looks goood :)

Posted by Frances Anne on April 16, 2009, 05:15 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

That’s a weird movie to put it in front of…I kind of want to see it, but you would THINK WB would put the trailer in front of Wolverine or something like that. But oh well I still cant wait to see this trailer!!!!!

Posted by cghambright on April 16, 2009, 05:44 AM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

The Katie still GIVES ME CHILLS!!!! Greyback is sooo freakin’ terrifying!!! And I absolutely LOVE the billboard behind Dumbledore…lmao!!! The cinematography on this film is BRILLIANT!!!! I just love the way it looks in general…the lighting, the camera angles it’s amazing!!

Posted by cghambright on April 16, 2009, 05:47 AM report to moderator
3_thumb

I really can’t wait. The photos are just simply amazing!

Posted by geneviieve(WBM) on April 16, 2009, 06:13 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Oooh, great pics..all of them. I just want to see the actual movie now. I’ve seen enough of all these teasers: we’ve been waiting forever for the whole thing. It’s not as great, seeing everything in tiny sections before watching the movie…

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on April 16, 2009, 06:21 AM report to moderator

oh my! i like that it’s nothing like i imagined. I love the one of katie bell, but she looks a bit like a scarecrow.

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 16, 2009, 06:26 AM report to moderator

cghambright, the cinematography is responsible for Bruno Delbonnel. He worked on Amélía the french blockbuster. I have a good feeling about this film with the photography up to him.

Posted by HarryRichardsPotter on April 16, 2009, 06:33 AM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

Dude .. not even funny how freaking awesome that picture of Katie Bell was. It gave me shivers because it was SO good. I can’t wait for this trailer! Ahhhhh! :)

Posted by Christine on April 16, 2009, 06:33 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

A mass of filthy, matted hair hung to his elbows. If eyes hadn't been shining out of the deep, dark sockets, he might have been a corpse. The waxy skin was stretched so tightly over the bones of his face, it looked like a skull. His yellow teeth were bare