One More Release Date Change: Half-Blood Prince Now Out July 15th, Confirmed by WB

Movies
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Here we go again: Erc box office is reporting (now picked up too by ComingSoon.net) that Warner Bros has changed the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet again, this time two days earlier than stated before to Wednesday, July 15, 2009. Update: WB has confirmed this now directly to TLC. Again, the new release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said that "Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday."The article continues that with this move, it "gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week." As readers will recall, OotP was moved shortly before its release, to the opening day as a Wednesday back in July, 2007.

Thanks so much to Jeff from ERC Boxoffice and Comingsoon.net for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

oh man i gotta book the wed off work now!!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 14, 2009, 10:36 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

ok so this means a midnight showing on tuesday night instead of thursday? going to have to take off wednesday instead!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 14, 2009, 10:39 PM report to moderator
Joannaandgodric_thumb

I expected this to happen, it is NOT the end of the world

Posted by Joanna*ROAR* on April 14, 2009, 10:40 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_thumb

Their going to drive me crazy…..

Posted by Athenamalfoy on April 14, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

ha. always changing your mind WB. is this world wide tho?

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on April 14, 2009, 10:42 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

So what’s the address everyone used before to send their letters to WB? I think I’m going to need it now…

Augh.

I just really hope this is a bad dream and when I wake up tomorrow everything will be resolved.

:’(

Posted by eiVega on April 14, 2009, 10:43 PM report to moderator
Leakypic_thumb

Wednesday seems like an odd day for a movie release? I’ll still be there, no doubt, but I can’t think of other movies having a mid-week release…

Posted by FreshInkGrrl on April 14, 2009, 10:47 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I am pleased that our wait for the film has been reduced by two days! Thanks, WB!

Posted by Kirk on April 14, 2009, 10:48 PM report to moderator
20040820-205rp_thumb

Please just pick a date already, its gets all confusing when you keep switching.

Posted by queequeg on April 14, 2009, 10:48 PM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

Ummm..: why can’t they just leave it alone! Don’t they realize people make PLANS! aarrrghh!

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on April 14, 2009, 10:52 PM report to moderator
Editedladybug_thumb

YESS!!this has to happen…it might only be 2 days but I’m going to camp on the 14th… I can be late…..my camp has sacrificed so much for Potter. I.e: me leaving early to get DH, the delay for the movie happenend and I thought my mom was joking….it crushed me.: P

Posted by sp00kym00ny~happy looks good on you! :] on April 14, 2009, 10:56 PM report to moderator
Tonks_thumb

will it move two days earlier in aus too? pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Tonks_thumb

ive thought about it now – its screwing up my plans!!!

Img_0052__risoluzione_del_desktop_

OMG i will get to see this right before i leave!! That month is going to be fantastic!!! cant wait 93 DAYS!!

Posted by ROAR! lilyjames on April 14, 2009, 11:07 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Please don’t get my hopes up and then change it again for a later date. Please WB, just leave it alone this time!!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on April 14, 2009, 11:10 PM report to moderator

"D'you know what that --" (he called Snape something that made Hermione say [i]"Ron!"[/i]) "-- is making me do? I've got to scrub out the bedpans in the hospital wing. [i]Without magic!"[/i]