One More Release Date Change: Half-Blood Prince Now Out July 15th, Confirmed by WB

Movies
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Here we go again: Erc box office is reporting (now picked up too by ComingSoon.net) that Warner Bros has changed the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet again, this time two days earlier than stated before to Wednesday, July 15, 2009. Update: WB has confirmed this now directly to TLC. Again, the new release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said that "Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday."The article continues that with this move, it "gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week." As readers will recall, OotP was moved shortly before its release, to the opening day as a Wednesday back in July, 2007.

Thanks so much to Jeff from ERC Boxoffice and Comingsoon.net for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

YES!!!!!!!!! 2 days less waiting time!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Course it shoulda come out in November, but I’ll take what I can get. :)

Posted by Hermione Weasley on April 14, 2009, 07:58 PM report to moderator
Img_3265_thumb

I was so excited about the Azkatraz HBP midnight party, the 3AM podcast, etc…But now I don’t know what we’re going to do since we can’t really move up the con because everyone mostly booked plane tickets, hotel rooms, etc….and I know I won’t be able to wait until then and I will have to make do with seeing it with not as excited HP fans…. :-( ah well…what are we to do?

Posted by Alli on April 14, 2009, 07:59 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

I already asked for the day off work for July 17th! Now I guess I’ll have to resubmit for the time off.

Posted by iamminerva on April 14, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Hpmaggie2_copy2_thumb

WAHOOOOOOOO!! :) Two fewer days on the countdown! Just like magic. Although I already had this date circled on my calendar since the July 17 date was issued, as I was counting on them doing the same early midnight release as they did for OoTP. This is a happy date change. :)

Posted by Headmistress LemonFaerie on April 14, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Fwump_thumb

Well, atleast it’s actually EARLIER this time!!! You know what? I bet they had this planned all along!…Maybe just to make us like them again…maybe they think they’re giving us a “treat”. GIGGLE

Posted by Shackshrieker07 on April 14, 2009, 08:14 PM report to moderator

AWESOME NEWS!!! The day I go on holiday! :D

Posted by Amy Snow on April 14, 2009, 08:17 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

Oh well another shift. Par for the course at this point

Posted by Jersey on April 14, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Dumbledore_hbp_broomstick_thumb

Hope it’s not a laaate April Fool’s Joke…

Posted by The Sorting Hat on April 14, 2009, 08:36 PM report to moderator

Yay! So it’s 91 days now. Guess I’ll have to change the window again…(I’ve got window markers, and I’ve been keeping sort of a neighbourhood countdown, not that the rest of the neighbourhood cares, mind you…lol)

Posted by hufflepuff_86 [OTC] on April 14, 2009, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Making up for pissing us all off I guess, but hey two days earlier is two days earlier!

Posted by KatherineWeasley on April 14, 2009, 08:44 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

I’m still seeing it on the 17th. Two days make no difference to me. I’m used to waiting for it by now. Besides, I love going to the movies on Fridays!

Posted by Thio on April 14, 2009, 08:48 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I was afraid they would do this. I don’t care for a Wednesday release. It only makes sense if there is a holiday. A random Wednesday is pointless. I can seriously wait two more days. How is this going to effect Azkatraz? Are we still watching it Thursday night? This will change everything! Augh. I’d rather be sleepy Friday and catch up the rest over the weekend then be drowsy the rest of the week from Tuesday. Geez. So annoying and frustrating. Why can’t they just keep it to Friday. Boo.

Posted by eiVega on April 14, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Chilly_willy_thumb

Well, there goes my Harry Potter party plans and not having to go to work the next day!!

I guess the good news is that maybe now I can see Kid Rock at Comerica Park on the 17th!

Posted by snapester on April 14, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

Posted by eiVega on April 14, 2009, 08:56 PM report to moderator
Chilly_willy_thumb

Posted by snapester on April 14, 2009, 08:58 PM report to moderator

"Really, what nonsense! Harry could not have crossed the line himself, and as Professor Dumbledore believes that he did not persuade an older student to do it for him, I'm sure that should be good enough for everybody else!"[br]She shot a very angry look