One More Release Date Change: Half-Blood Prince Now Out July 15th, Confirmed by WB

Movies
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Here we go again: Erc box office is reporting (now picked up too by ComingSoon.net) that Warner Bros has changed the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet again, this time two days earlier than stated before to Wednesday, July 15, 2009. Update: WB has confirmed this now directly to TLC. Again, the new release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said that "Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday."The article continues that with this move, it "gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week." As readers will recall, OotP was moved shortly before its release, to the opening day as a Wednesday back in July, 2007.

Thanks so much to Jeff from ERC Boxoffice and Comingsoon.net for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Ron1_thumb

Yeah, I can see why people are mad. I’m happy about this change, but seriously, why couldn’t have WB just made this decision earlier – let’s say … when they changed the date to July 17?! It’s sort of annoying how they do this :/

Posted by Christine on April 14, 2009, 06:06 PM report to moderator
Gof99_thumb

Dang it. I hate going to midnight movies during the week. I like to take Friday off work and start with the midnight movie, sleep a bit, then see the movie a couple of more times that Friday. I just skipped the midnight movie of OotP because it’s not as easy to take Thursday off as it is Friday for me.

Posted by hpikjdjg on April 14, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

Wow. They changed the release date again. At least this time it is so it can be released earlier…kinda.

Posted by raven_puff on April 14, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Luna_shoes_thumb

I’m really excited now that it was moved closer!

Posted by Saoirse42 *ROAR!* on April 14, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Picture_1_thumb

WHAT?! why are they only moving it back two days?!?! now instead of being on a great day like friday, its coming out on a wednessday….. weird.

Posted by HollyHogwarts *Roar* on April 14, 2009, 06:15 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Is this in Canada too????
crosses fingers
Please, please, please, please…

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on April 14, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

They want the opening weekend moneys, just like OotP. It worked once, why not try it again.

Posted by mollywobble on April 14, 2009, 06:21 PM report to moderator
Dscn0756-1_thumb

Why the ef do they keep chang…I mean YAY! Two days earlier. w00tiful! :-)

Posted by Shane [WBM] on April 14, 2009, 06:22 PM report to moderator
Scarf_thumb

Omg omg omg squee!!!! thats my sixteenth birthday!!!

Posted by the_cat on April 14, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Lunaavvie4_thumb

I’m glad it’s changed to earlier rather than later, but why? I’m super excited, but why change it by 2 days? (how about 2 months? lol)

Posted by katem4 on April 14, 2009, 06:26 PM report to moderator
Avatar_nerd_thumb

Two days earlier! SCORE!

Posted by Imperiused! on April 14, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-voldemort-thumb_normal_thumb

awesome. at least its earlier

Posted by LoSushi! [[ ROAR ]] on April 14, 2009, 06:28 PM report to moderator
Harry__2__thumb

Well, um m good good news… good news

Posted by 00AMR00 on April 14, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Patrickster_thumb

Well, I am happy it’s opening two days earlier, but I am kind of sad too. July 17th is my birthday and I was kind of excited that it would be opening on my birthday.

Posted by Patrickster on April 14, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

My heart skipped a beat when I read the first few lines! LOL! Why couldn’t they change it to a May date? I’m never happy! LOL! Sweet!

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 14, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Excuse me?" said Ron sharply. "What d'you mean, a bit of whoever we're changing into? I'm drinking [i]nothing[/i] with Crabbe's toenails in it --"