One More Release Date Change: Half-Blood Prince Now Out July 15th, Confirmed by WB

Movies
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Here we go again: Erc box office is reporting (now picked up too by ComingSoon.net) that Warner Bros has changed the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet again, this time two days earlier than stated before to Wednesday, July 15, 2009. Update: WB has confirmed this now directly to TLC. Again, the new release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said that "Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday."The article continues that with this move, it "gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week." As readers will recall, OotP was moved shortly before its release, to the opening day as a Wednesday back in July, 2007.

Thanks so much to Jeff from ERC Boxoffice and Comingsoon.net for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Luna_thumb

oh come on! Again!

Posted by Luna Ravenclaw on April 14, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Hp-trio-dhx_thumb

good. i guess WB’s trying to make sure that in the end nobody knows when is the moive coming out.XD

Posted by xxIBelieveInNarglesxx on April 14, 2009, 05:25 PM report to moderator
King_s-cross-station---harr_thumb

Fail, WB.

a) How do two days help?

b) All the people attending Azkatraz will either have to watch the movie before seeing it in IMAX with everyone, or partake in HBP abstinence.

Posted by Arka on April 14, 2009, 05:27 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12001 Points

I still plan on a party on the first weekend out, so am good with two days early. Just so they don’t move it further away again.

Posted by budgie on April 14, 2009, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_picture_129x2_thumb

I’m having flash backs to this summer’s original date change. If they’re really moving Half Blood Prince forwards 2 days after pushing it back 8 months then its just stupid. Whats going to happen to Azkatraz ticket holders? No line party? No HBP movie? No 3 AM podcast? Hmm..

Posted by Kylee [roar] on April 14, 2009, 05:29 PM report to moderator
Ron1_thumb

NO EFFING WAY.

This better be true! HOLY CRAP – I’m on the verge of tears right now!!

HOLSJDFLASJDFLASF!!

Posted by Christine on April 14, 2009, 05:31 PM report to moderator

This is not suprising at all since all of those HD posters released by WB say July 2009 on them, not July 17, 2009.

Posted by Noble Birth Descending on April 14, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

I seriously hope this is true! Then I won’t have to avoid the internet for two days whilst other countries get it first! :D

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 14, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Haircut_march10_1__thumb

well you guys would have been driving to LA from Portland that day anyways, so you can still do a show after the movie in SF. But a lot of people are going to have to change their flights or just see HBP not at Azkatraz now. Good thing I already live in SF.

Posted by Bre on April 14, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I hope this is true. I was bummed that I would have to wait until after work on the 17th to see it, and then having to fight the evening crowds. Now I can go on my day off to a matinee. Yippee!! Looking forward to seeing the line of people desparetly reading to finish HBP before the movie. LOL

Posted by Rhiannon on April 14, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Mefleming_thumb

zOMG! Okay – my first thought – what does this do to the release party/live pottercast at azkatraz?

Posted by NDduLac [Dodo] on April 14, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
12136_373462265222_814805222_10077577_6700488_n_thumb

Wtf – a Wednesday?? That means I probably won’t be able to go to the premiere and that would have been my first HP event!! cries I hope it stays the 17th!

Posted by MuggleQueen on April 14, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Metallica---ninja-star-poster-c10282759_thumb

LOLOKAY 2 DAYS!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NEVERTHELESS :P
But in all seriousness, this is great news!

Posted by Ascendancy on April 14, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

hahahahahahaha. ha. ha. ha. what is left to say? whats uppppp WB!? crises hit you too!? but mentally.

Posted by Matea on April 14, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

SO EXCITING!!! TWO DAYS EARLIER!!!! Way to go WB…it’s only TWO days, but that just means we get to see it sooner rather than later!!!! I’m so EXCITED!!!

Posted by cghambright on April 14, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator

"My wand's feather came from Fawkes?" Harry said, amazed.[br]"Yes," said Dumbledore. "Mr. Ollivander wrote to tell me you had bought the second wand, the moment you left his shop four years ago."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014