One More Release Date Change: Half-Blood Prince Now Out July 15th, Confirmed by WB

Movies
April 14, 2009, 05:06 PM

Here we go again: Erc box office is reporting (now picked up too by ComingSoon.net) that Warner Bros has changed the release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince yet again, this time two days earlier than stated before to Wednesday, July 15, 2009. Update: WB has confirmed this now directly to TLC. Again, the new release date for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is Wednesday, July 15, 2009.

In a statement to the Associated Press, Warner Bros. head of distribution Dan Fellman said that "Every day the kids are out of school in summer is just like an extra Saturday."The article continues that with this move, it "gives the movie a head-start on the weekend during what's shaping up as a highly competitive summer season for Hollywood, which has major franchise films opening virtually every week." As readers will recall, OotP was moved shortly before its release, to the opening day as a Wednesday back in July, 2007.

Thanks so much to Jeff from ERC Boxoffice and Comingsoon.net for emailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

108_thumb

Squeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on April 16, 2009, 08:30 AM report to moderator
3_thumb

YES! That’s really a good news, even just for two days!

Posted by geneviieve(WBM) on April 16, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
36090_413317180969_787035969_4440390_4514136_n_thumb

WHOO HOOO! Two days EARLIER!

Posted by Confederate Lady [CL, Rawwrrrr] on April 16, 2009, 09:03 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

This is exciting.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on April 16, 2009, 11:04 AM report to moderator

Yes! I can’t wait! Two days closer!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on April 16, 2009, 11:16 AM report to moderator

You would think WB would have some common courtesy to know when the biggest HP confernce in the US takes place and not mess with there plans of a huge release party of epic proportions, but I guess I should have known WB has no common courtesy for anyone but themselves for they single handledly turned HBP from premiere event from the main event to a half time show and I am not happy about it.

Posted by 908393 on April 16, 2009, 11:19 AM report to moderator
Th_harry-and-ginny--x-x-x-_thumb

i hope they make the release date closer more than that!!

Posted by DanielBonnie28 on April 16, 2009, 12:09 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Ok, on the one hand, it’s great to get the movie 2 days earlier… but on the other hand, it’s such a bald statement of, “this will make us more money.” And it does make sense, both the move to the summer in the first place, and now the move to a Wednesday. It’s just… the movie business has been going on for over a century… surely they’ve known things like the best way to make money by now? It’s not new info that Wednesday releases tend to perform well on the weekends…. My problem is when they release info, only to change it later down the road. The industry is full of changes every minute – but we just don’t hear about them. I feel like their changing the dates so frequently is like saying, “well, I don’t really like my decision…. so here’s a new one! this will work!” It’s all just….bizarre. Come on, WB! Have some confidence!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on April 16, 2009, 12:58 PM report to moderator
Iconator_04e9497c4d2be426fe2888b16a16f53d_thumb

this better be true!!!

Posted by RaWr...WeReWoLf on April 16, 2009, 01:24 PM report to moderator
Shoe_thumb

YIPPEE!

Posted by eagleblue on April 16, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

Hooray!!!

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on April 16, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

WHY CAN’T THEY JUST MAKE UP THEIR MINDS? I swear, WB is like a five year old child.

Posted by choirgeek on April 16, 2009, 10:26 PM report to moderator
Th_th03_1__thumb

Wow cool.
lets hope they make up their mind and keep a date.

Posted by ღ Courtney {R0aR} ღ on April 17, 2009, 07:55 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I kinda figured they were gonna do this. They did it with Ootp- I’m just happy they’re not making us wait even longer!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on April 17, 2009, 09:07 PM report to moderator

I’m a tad annoyed at yet another change. Now, for the second time, I have to try to change my day off request at work so I can attend a midnight show. Thanks a bunch WB. I hope I can get my day off switched…AGAIN! = P

Posted by melly72 on April 18, 2009, 04:20 PM report to moderator

"Not this brave at night, are you?" sneered Dudley.[br]"This [i]is[/i] night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this."