New Cover Art for Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages Due July 31, 2009

Companion Books
April 14, 2009, 04:43 PM

Bloomsbury, the UK publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, has announced they are re-releasing two of the companion books this summer: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages. Due to be released July 31, 2009, you can see here in our galleries the new artwork for Fantastic Beasts, and the new Quidditch cover art here.

The Bookseller cites a spokesperson for Bloomsbury as saying :“There are always new Harry Potter readers coming to the series each year who will be looking for other exciting things to read.” According to the article the two books "will again raise funds for the charity with £1.15 from each £4.99 title sold going to Comic Relief." "Previous editions of the book were published in a slim format similar to the £1 World Book Day books but the latest editions will be chunkier versions comprising 128 rather than 96 pages, including the original illustrations. So far, according to Nielsen BookScan, Fantastic Beasts has sold 509,473 copies while Quidditch has sold 491,853."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

Photo-103336_thumb_thumb

the “Fantastic Beasts” looks awesome! I wonder if Scholastic will release them for north america…or i’ll have to find some friends in the UK!

Posted by Phlegm dela Coeur on April 14, 2009, 10:30 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

The new cover is fantastic. Too bad it costs too much to import it into the United States.

Posted by Kirk on April 14, 2009, 10:49 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Great artwork!

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on April 14, 2009, 11:21 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 14, 2009, 11:23 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

And I want a copy of those even though I already have the original ones. :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on April 14, 2009, 11:24 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

AH. I want the new covers! I still haven’t gotten Quidditch Through the Ages yet though. :/

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on April 14, 2009, 11:34 PM report to moderator
Siriusblack_thumb

i love the old ones. Those seem like real books straight from Hogwarts but these new ones are just like additional books from JK. Tho i’ll buy them anyway! :)

Posted by Shalanarah on April 15, 2009, 12:21 AM report to moderator
Emily_and_sarah_thumb

I’m thrilled! I’ve been waiting to buy them both, and I’ll be waiting for the new ones. Huzzah!

Posted by Accio... Sarah! on April 15, 2009, 12:28 AM report to moderator
Hug_thumb

COOL! I don’t have a copy of either, so I can get them now. Which ones is the one with the comments from Ron and Harry?

Posted by **Annie** on April 15, 2009, 12:44 AM report to moderator
Please_thumb

I liked them, they are somewhat traditional and they now match the Bard’s cover, which is also a plus.

Posted by AnnaMel on April 15, 2009, 05:45 AM report to moderator
Images_thumb

I don’t like this cover much.. I mean the old one was more realistic…

Posted by vandy[FTC] on April 15, 2009, 06:00 AM report to moderator

Awesome covers!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on April 15, 2009, 06:37 AM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

So cool

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on April 15, 2009, 06:51 AM report to moderator
Dragon-small_thumb

Does anyone know if they’re going to be released separately? I have Fantastic Beasts, but I can’t find a copy of Quidditch Through the Ages by itself anywhere!

Posted by Wolfheart (WBM!) on April 15, 2009, 09:05 AM report to moderator
Iconator_dea697cd87becd1283213b46f798b87b_thumb

Wow! I don’t have Quidditch Through the Ages either, so I definitely getting that one…

Posted by Wendelin the Weird on April 15, 2009, 09:21 AM report to moderator

"Harry... maybe Moody thinks [i]Snape[/i] put your name in the Goblet of Fire!"[br]"Oh Ron," said Hermione, shaking her head sceptically, "we thought Snape was trying to kill Harry before, and it turned out he was saving Harry's life, remember?"