New Cover Art for Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages Due July 31, 2009

Companion Books
April 14, 2009, 04:43 PM

Bloomsbury, the UK publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, has announced they are re-releasing two of the companion books this summer: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages. Due to be released July 31, 2009, you can see here in our galleries the new artwork for Fantastic Beasts, and the new Quidditch cover art here.

The Bookseller cites a spokesperson for Bloomsbury as saying :“There are always new Harry Potter readers coming to the series each year who will be looking for other exciting things to read.” According to the article the two books "will again raise funds for the charity with £1.15 from each £4.99 title sold going to Comic Relief." "Previous editions of the book were published in a slim format similar to the £1 World Book Day books but the latest editions will be chunkier versions comprising 128 rather than 96 pages, including the original illustrations. So far, according to Nielsen BookScan, Fantastic Beasts has sold 509,473 copies while Quidditch has sold 491,853."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i haven’t read either book.. but i just looked at the new and old covers and i definitely like the old ones better.

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on April 14, 2009, 05:10 PM report to moderator
Howling_wolf_2__thumb

Oooh, I like them. I’ll have to buy them to gor with the HP books 1-7 and Beedle the Bard.

Posted by nicole 313 (WBM) on April 14, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

i wasn’t really a potter fan when the originals came out :( so i’m really looking foward to getting them!!! i’m glad money is still going to comic relief :) i actually quite like the old ones.. because inside them theres like every hogwarts student who has taken in out of the library :) and it looks more genuimne hogawarts !! because it doesn’t have j.k rowling’s name on. but the new ones look good anyway :)

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on April 14, 2009, 05:13 PM report to moderator
Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

I juts saw again more closly and why have Newt Scamander & J.K. Rowling’s names are both on the cover! And Kennilworthy and J.K.Rowling?

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on April 14, 2009, 05:14 PM report to moderator

this is great! i always wanted to buy a copy of these books.. never got around to.. =( but now since their re-releasing it with a new cover i’ve GOT to get these ones! this is awesome i can’t wait!

Posted by iLoveNeville on April 14, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Img000029_thumb

I can’t wait to get another copy of them :]
I love reading these books every so often, and the new covers are nice :]

Posted by omgitslouise [WBM] [Ravenvlog <3's Me] on April 14, 2009, 05:35 PM report to moderator
Normal_scan_thumb

I think I’ll pass on these books. First, I don’t live in the UK, and second, the other versions look better. I’m sure they still have Harry, Hermione, and Ron’s written comments in the Fantastic Beasts book, but I’ve stopped going goo-goo over comments about extra content that usually aren’t much to go crazy over. I’d rather have the Scottish Book or some sort of new Jo creation instead.

Posted by The Hollow on April 14, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

I’ll definitely be getting these, gutted I lost my original copies! £1 to £4.99 is like wtf though. :/

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on April 14, 2009, 05:57 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

Those new covers are great! I still like the originals though. The new Quidditch Through the Ages cover isn’t too different. The biggest difference is that the new one is blue.

Posted by raven_puff on April 14, 2009, 06:04 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

they wouldn’t come up for me. Just error messages.

Posted by phantomdave79 on April 14, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

yay! i’ve been trying to find these but i couldn’t.
excellent

Posted by bec majec *roar* on April 14, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator
282600_233804939987291_100000733600249_807455_78180_n_thumb

I need to get these books im going to boarders today to buy a new book but which one Fantastic Beasts? or Quidditch Through the Ages?

Posted by Horcruxalej on April 14, 2009, 07:01 PM report to moderator
Huffle_thumb

I WANT THOSE DANG BOOKS! NOW!?!?!?!

Posted by DoodlePuff1 on April 14, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
Avatars_movie_hbp_feb08_003_thumb

I guess I’ll just have to buy these again. Oh well it’s for a worthy cause.

Posted by Jersey on April 14, 2009, 08:25 PM report to moderator
Fourteen_thumb

of course I like the new editions better than the copies i have… :P

Posted by CrazyChlojo on April 14, 2009, 10:08 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Harry," she said timidly, "don't you see? This... this is exactly why we need you... We need to know what it's r-really like... facing him... facing V-Voldemort."[br]It was the first time she had ever said Voldemort's name, and it was this, more than any