New Cover Art for Fantastic Beasts, Quidditch Through the Ages Due July 31, 2009

Companion Books
April 14, 2009, 04:43 PM

Bloomsbury, the UK publishers of the Harry Potter novels by J.K. Rowling, has announced they are re-releasing two of the companion books this summer: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Quidditch Through the Ages. Due to be released July 31, 2009, you can see here in our galleries the new artwork for Fantastic Beasts, and the new Quidditch cover art here.

The Bookseller cites a spokesperson for Bloomsbury as saying :“There are always new Harry Potter readers coming to the series each year who will be looking for other exciting things to read.” According to the article the two books "will again raise funds for the charity with £1.15 from each £4.99 title sold going to Comic Relief." "Previous editions of the book were published in a slim format similar to the £1 World Book Day books but the latest editions will be chunkier versions comprising 128 rather than 96 pages, including the original illustrations. So far, according to Nielsen BookScan, Fantastic Beasts has sold 509,473 copies while Quidditch has sold 491,853."

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Companion Books News

Ththhogwartsheaven_thumb

That is so cool but I prefer the old ones. I love the originals!

Posted by Taylor Potter ~★ROAR★~ on April 14, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator

Now their cover art matches the Tales of Beedle the Bard’s! Hopefully that means that Jo is planning on making more of these little Hogwarts Library Books in the future.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on April 14, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Awesome! Hopefully this gets more people buying those two books! Because they’re really great! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 14, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

I would love to read and own more Hogwarts school books! I wish they would be written! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on April 14, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Cool! I still have to get those books. I like the Fantastic Beasts one.

Posted by Lysh on April 14, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Puppet_pals_yes_thumb

They are pretty cool! I like them both! I don’t like that the Fantastic Bests and where to find them has the hogwarts emblem on it, cause it isn’t a specific book just for Hogwarts! But, all in all they are sweet!

Posted by phoenixes are in ravenclaw on April 14, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Copy_of_avatar_thumb

So cool!!! I wonder if Jo is going to add anything to the books???

Posted by Professor Cassandra *~WBM~* on April 14, 2009, 04:55 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I def want that book!!!!

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 14, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Twitter2_thumb

Wow, there are 28 more pages! I don’t really like the cover art, but I like more canon xD

Posted by Niphai on April 14, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

I don’t have the book at all, but I do think I like the originals

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on April 14, 2009, 04:57 PM report to moderator
Hpphotoshop_thumb

These look great but too bad my parents would never let me buy a book I’ve already got just because the covers changed. I love cool covers!!! This is a cool cover!

Posted by Calum Wilson (RuneDream54) on April 14, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Hp01_thumb
love the originals but i will buy the new ones :) the artwork looks so Cool.
Posted by Frances Anne on April 14, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
Jacques_tati_hulot1_thumb

Oh, no i don’t even have the originals. And i was planning to get them on summer. Man…

Posted by Mr. Brightside on April 14, 2009, 04:59 PM report to moderator
12440441_thumb
19573 Points

Wow!! They look cool… I’ll buy the new ones too!!

Posted by R-for-H {ROAR} :D on April 14, 2009, 05:02 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Just got the originals like 2 weeks ago… ironic :/
maybe I’ll get the new ones, but why have Newt Scamander & J.K. Rowling’s name on the cover? jw

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on April 14, 2009, 05:05 PM report to moderator

Ron's wand was still malfunctioning, surpassing itself on Friday morning by shooting out of Ron's hand in Charms and hitting tiny old Professor Flitwick squarely between the eyes, creating a large, throbbing green boil where it had struck.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014