Entire Track Listing, Music Now Online for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Video Game

Video Games
March 09, 2009, 09:14 AM

As a follow to the article below, the entire track listing, and music previews are now available for the video game soundtrack of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Composed by James Hannigan, this game soundtrack for HBP will be available next week on March 17, 2009. NOTE: Spoiler caution, however for those who can not wait, click here to see the listings and preview the music. Enjoy!

Update: The HBP video game soundtrack listing is as follows (to avoid spoilers, SCROLL DOWN)

SCROLL DOWN

26. Wandering Day 1
  27. The Final Battles
  28. Sadness at Hogwarts
  29. Friendship Theme

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Video Games News

Hobgoblin13_thumb

Race Ginny? does this mean harry and ginny (game version) are going to be flirting Squee =]

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on March 09, 2009, 01:31 PM report to moderator
Hobgoblin13_thumb

…And boat house at night sounds romantic to me…

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on March 09, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
Hobgoblin13_thumb

…And i didn’t know there was a dueling club!!

Posted by Hobgoblin 13 on March 09, 2009, 01:35 PM report to moderator
Dsc05228_thumb

I’m crazy excited. Does anyone know what gaming platforms it’ll all be on?

Posted by ProfKnight on March 09, 2009, 02:16 PM report to moderator

wait, when they say “available March 17” do they mean as CD also? or just as an Mp3 file?

because it would be cool to have this music as a CD.

Posted by Aine-gryffindorpuff on March 09, 2009, 02:18 PM report to moderator

Awesome. I’ve always loved the music from the games, and this just gets me excited even more for the game. I want news on it! They haven’t said anything about it since last November!

Posted by hallowethe on March 09, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

Some of the music for the track “Race Ginny” reminds me of the Danny Elmman movie theme for Spider-man.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on March 09, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator

Absolutely fantastic. Sounds great.

Posted by Mairéad on March 09, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

Track titles that I find particularly intriguing and get me excited for certain aspects of gameplay:

“Race Ginny”
“Hogwarts By Night”
“Fred And George Return”
“Wandering Day 5”
“Lovesick Ron”
“Fenrir Battle”
“Chase Draco”
“Exploring With Luna”

Hokay, so my thoughts on these titles:
Firstly, it seems like maybe Ginny will be your instructor per say on flying, possibly practicing at the burrow. Like, “Remember Harry, tilt your Wiimote to fly to that side!” And, if she actually says that, the game will then be paused for roughly 5 minutes of lewd jokes.

Secondly, the fact that they’ve put in multiple titles about sneaking and various locations at night, gets me excited about getting to sneak around and see Hogwarts at night time, because it was always daytime in OotP, and we haven’t gotten to sneak around Hogwarts on our next-gen consoles in GLORIOUS HIGH DEFINITION yet.

Thirdly, I’m just confused by “Fred And George Return”. If it turns out they were faking us out, and they actually are in the game, I’ll be supes excited. Otherwise, I’m just confused.

Fourthly, all these “Wandering Days” has me intrigued. In OotP, everything seemed to happen on one very long day, and it’ll be great if they make it really feel like your living there, with day and night, and progression of time, and such.

Fifthly, we’ve known for awhile that they plan to do something interactive about Ron’s love life, but this pretty much cinches it, and that promises to be an hilarious side-quest.

Sixthly, WE GET TO BATTLE FENRIR. AWE. SOME.

Seventhly, chasing Draco and Snape through Hogwarts and over the grounds is going to be EXCELLENT.

Lastly, I will be so psyched if Luna gets her own side-quest.

The only thing that seems to be missing is a track titled for the cave scene, which seems like a rather odd and glaring omission. Otherwise, I am SO excited for this game!

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on March 09, 2009, 03:42 PM report to moderator
Leakyav_thumb

oh wow i didn’t know there were soundtracks for the games!

Posted by night owl on March 09, 2009, 03:43 PM report to moderator

Sounds great!

Posted by Heavenly_Horcrux on March 09, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Ron_thumb

is this the first time they’ve offered a soundtrack to the games? I don’t remember seeing this before…

Posted by dee on March 09, 2009, 04:33 PM report to moderator
-_owl_post_-_thumb

Wow! That music is really great! I love it!
But… I do stand with those who ask “Where’s the MOVIE’s soundtrack?!”
Me wants movie music! XD

Posted by Felipe on March 09, 2009, 05:36 PM report to moderator
Da_copy_thumb

I loved the soundtrack to OOTP game. It was quite cinematic. I actually love a lot of soundtracks in games. Dreamfall is so far my absolute favourite. I thought of creating a group for Game music but I dont think there would be many members apart from point grabbers, lol. Anyway HBP game music sound ok but not as good as OOTP game.

Posted by Professor Potter on March 09, 2009, 05:37 PM report to moderator
Iconator_de5ee9375a0402eaeb6032b64f46451c_thumb

Woah this is great stuff. It’s wierd that this is getting relased this early. I can’t wait for the movie soundtrack eaither.

Posted by thursrain on March 09, 2009, 05:38 PM report to moderator

"So," said Malfoy slowly, advancing slightly into the compartment and looking slowly around at them, a smirk quivering on his lips. "You caught some pathetic reporter, and Potter's Dumbledore's favorite boy again. Big deal."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014