Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

exciting!

Posted by albeitgruggish on March 09, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator

exciting!

Posted by albeitgruggish on March 09, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator
Janeaustenfont_thumb

He’s definitely read the book, I’m sure all the main cast has read the book except maybe Gambon…LOL!

I’m glad they’re ageing them, casting new actors would be silly, and I want to end the movie with these three, imagine watching them all through the eight films, and then, suddenly we see some random people as grown up trio. That’s be a bummer! And they’re all old enough to be aged, so I don’t see any problem!

Posted by Prenz13 on March 09, 2009, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Lol

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 09, 2009, 04:04 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Interesting! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on March 09, 2009, 04:30 AM report to moderator
Image_thumb

Yay! They’re going to age the current cast XD How weird would it be if they just had random older actors LMAO! Squee! love what I’m hearing so far :)

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on March 09, 2009, 05:43 AM report to moderator
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa_thumb

I’m so happy they’re aging them. It would have been so inconsistent, not to mention WEIRD to have other, older actors playing the trio.

Posted by FUNsized.PANDA on March 09, 2009, 06:28 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

They better not use anyone but the trio – don’t mind if they “age them up a bit.”

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 09, 2009, 09:37 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Alysaw I think he has read the last book, I think he just meant that he didn’t expect all of the trio to survive – like many of the fans’ reactions.

Posted by the-charmed-baja on March 09, 2009, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Oh and yay! Rupert Grint is perfect as Ron :)

Posted by the-charmed-baja on March 09, 2009, 10:35 AM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

“They’ll age us up” I really hope that means they’ll just use makeup and things with the same actors to make them look older. _ It shouldn’t be too hard as they have to “age them down” for all the films now anyway.

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on March 09, 2009, 11:15 AM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

lol He doesn’t refer to them as “Ron, Harry, and Hermione”, but “me, Dan, and Emma”. I guess after so many years of doing this, to him, those names are interchangeable.

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 09, 2009, 02:57 PM report to moderator

I’m so happy they’ll do the “older” trio. I hope they’ll do like Benjamin Button, perfect make up and visual effects.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 09, 2009, 04:36 PM report to moderator
Slyth2_thumb

good on rup :)

Posted by NoeLover42 on March 10, 2009, 12:17 AM report to moderator
295565_thumb

cool

Posted by soso on March 10, 2009, 07:26 AM report to moderator

"But," said Harry, "just say -- just say Dumbledore's wrong about Snape --"[br]"People have said it, many times. It comes down to whether or not you trust Dumbledore's judgement. I do; therefore, I trust Severus."