Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Da_copy_thumb

Aging make up process. Harry, Ron grow very large beards. Hermione cuts her hair, thicker eyebrows and has botox treatment. Ron and Harry voices will naturally sound older as the voices get muffled through the beards.

Yep, I see no problem with the aging process :)

Posted by Professor Potter on March 08, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Well, i really hope that Rupert, Emma, Bonnie, and Dan will play themselves in the Epilogue part of the movie.. I mean they just have to!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 08, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Witch_hat_thumb

He’s read the script and says they’ll age the trio up which must mean- the movie will have the epilogue! Yay! I was worried after Dan said they might skip it if it didn’t look good. Say what you will of the epilogue, but I loved it. I certainly hope you’re joking about the beards and . . . botox!?! On Hermione? That would never, ever happen. But shorter hair might. And thinning for Draco. ; )

Posted by *H*ROAR Mudblood Proud on March 08, 2009, 06:50 PM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

Age them up- as it should be!! Awesome!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on March 08, 2009, 07:08 PM report to moderator

Well, I certainly hope they would age them up instead of using new actors. That would just be wrong.

Posted by badger666 on March 08, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator

Posted by badger666 on March 08, 2009, 07:30 PM report to moderator

cool

Posted by HPWonder on March 08, 2009, 08:43 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

whoa, aged Harry Hermione and Ron? way neat. :]

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 08, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

i hope they will just age them with makeup instead of casting new people for the epilogue.. it would be kind of foolish to cast 4 new people. after benjamin button, we know anything is possible with makeup and technology :]

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 08, 2009, 09:40 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

also.. if he received the script for dh part 1, shouldn’t we know where the split is going to be by now?!

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 08, 2009, 09:42 PM report to moderator
Imported_photos_00054_thumb

so excited for this movie, and oh yea, i love rupert!!

Posted by Leron_Weasley_616 on March 08, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
D474f2f9722352f367d45028747f7d7d_1562290_thumb

that was a nice interview :] i like rupee

0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

i wish he’d give us a little teaser of what he’s read so far! xD

@ Alysaw
clearly he did read the book. since he only has Part 1 of the script, he could only have read it from the book. :3

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on March 08, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

One word. SWEEET

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on March 09, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Eeyorescrollsparky_thumb

I do hope they just “age up” Rupert, Emma, Dan and Tom.Nineteen years sounds like a long time, but really, most people don’t look that different from age 17 or 18 to their late 30s. At least it’s not like having them age 50 years – that would be a bit harder for them to pull off.

And I agree- it sounds like Rupert is talking about the book when he mentions the epilogue. If he only has the first script, then he wouldn’t have the script for the epilogue yet.

It’ll be interesting to see how they do the movie – I hope by splitting it into two parts, they really include all those wonderful details AND characters, especially some that were given short shrift in the other movies (Dobbie, Kreacher, Snape, et al)

Posted by Eeyore on March 09, 2009, 12:04 AM report to moderator

"I won't let you do it," he said, hurrying to stand in front of the portrait hole. "I'll -- I'll fight you!"

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014