Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Bild_thumb

I am as so many others happy to hear thet they will age them up. I read somewhere that they were not sure how they would do the epilogue. but i do like that they now have decided to go with the original actors.

Posted by ElinJ*ROAR* on March 08, 2009, 03:49 PM report to moderator

It’s really cool to hear the actors talk about the upcoming movies.

Posted by AccioAmanda ☆WBM☆ on March 08, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
1930 Points

Ah I don’t know what I’ll do when this is all over!??!

Posted by felixfelicis11 on March 08, 2009, 04:10 PM report to moderator
Avator_thumb

rupert is my king!

Posted by ellamia on March 08, 2009, 04:17 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Glad they’re going to age the current actors rather than getting someone else in!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on March 08, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

He probably just assumed that they would be aged. It would be cool though.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 08, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Irish_eyes_thumb

First off, they’re not going to have to ‘age up’ the Trio and Ginny and whoever all that much. Yes. twenty years is a bit to age people, but they’ll still only be in their late thirties, not in their seventies or eighties. Besides, isn’t that only middle age in the wizarding world anyway, since wizards and witches live longer? I’m sure Rupert has a pretty good idea of whether or not the WB plans on hiring other actors for the ending, so this is probably going to happen with Dan, Emma, Rupert, and the rest.

But you know what else it means, unless they change the Epilogue? They’ll have to be casting Albus and Rose and Hugo and the rest, too.

Finally, yes, Rupert is RE-reading the book to prep for the movie, as he’s said in recent interviews, so yes, he*has* read DH – at least twice. He is awesome, and I’m really happy for all of the media attention he’s been getting of late.

Posted by Night Zephyr on March 08, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Postejeunes4_thumb

They’ll age the trio up. Nowadays they can do it very convincingly.

Posted by Boy With A Lightning Scar on March 08, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator

I hope they just give them makeup to look older. That’d be awesome!!! I would like to see an older, balding Draco Malfoy :-) If they do cast adult actors for the epilogue, I’ll be incredibly disappointed.

Posted by AubNoelle on March 08, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator

And I have no idea what I’ll do when all of this is over either. Probably bury a hole and crawl in it and cry for a year or so. Ha

Posted by AubNoelle on March 08, 2009, 05:03 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

When this is all over i’ll stick around myleaky. . . N move on abt the movie. . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 08, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator
Photo_1_thumb

This got me happy to see deathly hallows, I like the epilogue. I especially want to see them go Benjamin Button on the trio.

Posted by Jadguy on March 08, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

I hope they do aged them

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on March 08, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator

I hope they don’t age up the kids… That would be awful.

Posted by halcyon /roar/ on March 08, 2009, 05:22 PM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

I really hope they do make the trio older for that- can you imagine finishing the entire series with a bunch of random actors? I don’t think so!
I love Rupert haha his vocabulary in every interview has ‘cool’ about as million times.

Posted by bec majec *roar* on March 08, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator

At that moment, Harry fully understood for the first time why people said Dumbledore was the only wizard Voldemort had ever feared. The look upon Dumbledore's face as he stared down at the unconscious form of Mad-Eye Moody was more terrible than Harry cou

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014