Rupert Grint Talks Deathly Hallows Epilogue and Script

Grint
March 08, 2009, 09:13 AM

The new issue of Total Film has a one page interview with actor Rupert Grint, where he briefly discussed his role as Ron Weasley in the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The interview was conducted shortly before filming began last month, and Rupert noted he only had the Part One script to Deathly Hallows ("so far, it's looking really cool".) Rupert also went on to discuss the epilogue to the final Harry Potter novel by J.K. Rowling, and said he was surprised at the outcome of the trio. Quotage:

"I really liked it, it was a good ending. It was not what I expected, actually. For some reason, I thought at least one of me, Dan, Emma was going to not make it. But I think it's going to be cool, the whole 20 years later thing. It should be fun. They'll age us up."

You can see a scan of the article here

Thanks ICM and Ivana for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Grint News

Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool =)!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 08, 2009, 12:13 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

It sounds cool but if rupert had read the book then he would have know that
the tro lives

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on March 08, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Love Rupert.
I think they will put make-up and add special effect and stuff they’re not going to cast older people. I hope :S

I’m very very happy they’re not casting new actors. I don’t want some random guys on screen being all “hey you just watched Dan Rupert and Emma for the past 8 movies now watch us.”

Posted by WeasleyGirl93 on March 08, 2009, 12:39 PM report to moderator
Angiebumliac_hpdh_021_thumb

muggle…andproudofit: He did read the book! Ugh! He was recently asked what the last book he read was and he said he was RE-reading DH in preparation for filming.

Anyway, even if you didn’t know that, the question is about what he thinks of how JK Rowling ended the story. Seriously, people: it’s not that hard.

Posted by mollywobbles23 on March 08, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

O i didnt know they were going to use the same actors for the 20 years later. Thats gonna be really cool!

Posted by ginnywp WBM on March 08, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

Well it’s good to know that they are following the book and not going to kill one of the trio off. With WB directors, you never know for sure. They do such good work with make-up that they should be able to age them up and look real. It would have spoiled the ending if they had used different actors. I don’t even care if they don’t look the age they are suppose to be as long as it is the real trio and others instead of doubles.

Posted by Cool G on March 08, 2009, 12:46 PM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

I would hate it if they used other actors to make the trio older. I think it would be much more plausable for them to use makeup…it’s not like they are going to be “elderly” but rather just more mature looking. I wonder if there will be a big casting call for the parts of James, Lily, Albus Severus, Rose, etc. ?

Posted by realspace on March 08, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Avatars_house2_03_thumb

Can’t wait for this movie to out. I do hope they use make up to age up the current actors instead of re casting for the epilogue. I also hope they don’t cut too much out

Posted by Gryffindorprincess09 on March 08, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Considering the fantastic technologies that were employed in The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, I do think it possible for Warner Brothers to “age them up” and give them seamless impression of the advance of the years through digital means.

Posted by Kirk on March 08, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

I can’t wait to see the trio “aged up.”

Posted by snapealicious on March 08, 2009, 12:59 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

Great news! This pretty much confirms that they’re not casting older actors for the epilogue. Thanks goodness!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on March 08, 2009, 01:18 PM report to moderator
Th_names_thumb

1 – Rupert was refering to his surprise while reading the book. He only has the script for Movie 1

2 – I don’t think he really knows if they’ll age the actors up. We can all assume that they would, but no one knows for sure. Again, he just has script 1

Posted by Ginevra86 on March 08, 2009, 01:21 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I hope they do just age them up. I would rather see the actors look not exactly 20years older than see different actors in the roles. After seeing the same actors first eight movies it just won’t be the same to see different actors for what five or ten minutes? So if he already has the first script then he knows where they are going to split the movies?!?

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 08, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Wgwg2_thumb
2064 Points

This is awsome! I can’t wait… I want to see them 20 years later, i am really happy they are using the same actors :) Its going to be amazing

Posted by hp29 [ROAR!] on March 08, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator

Disgusted that the Slytherins had lost, he had tried to get everyone laughing at how a wide-mouthed tree frog would be replacing Harry as Seeker next.