Dung Gone It! More Rumblings on Deathly Hallows Casting for a Smelly, Sneaky Thief

DH Film
March 08, 2009, 05:57 PM

Dung gone it, we have more rumors today regarding a possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Word has it that the part of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher (who is,in the words of Snape, a 'smelly sneak thief') will be portrayed in the Deathly Hallows films possibly by character actor Andy Linden. A photo of the actor can be seen here, and here, with footage of Mr. Linden at the premiere of his recent film The Secret of Moonacre, here. Andy Linden also had a small role in the film "State of Play," which was directed by David Yates, who is of course helming both the Deathly Hallows films. As readers will recall, Mundungus Fletcher has a pivotal role in the events leading to the Seven Potter scene early on in the final Harry Potter novel.  Please note, as with the other casting rumor of late, we are awaiting official confirmation,and thus we continue to urge caution and keep this in the rumor category for now. More when we get it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

They always do well with picking actors for the Movies. They have some really good one!

Posted by on March 08, 2009, 09:56 PM report to moderator
Dsc08839_2_thumb

I didn’t picture him quite like that, but I think that he looks like he could do a really great job! He just needs to not shave for a couple weeks, and he’d be perfect!

Posted by radish_earrings on March 08, 2009, 10:04 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

Didn’t someone play Mundungus in Order of the Phoenix?

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on March 08, 2009, 10:07 PM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

Give him a wig and he’ll be great!

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on March 08, 2009, 10:10 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

Looks perfect.

Posted by snapealicious on March 08, 2009, 11:02 PM report to moderator
Imgp0879__thumb

Hehehe…. I didn’t even have to read the “Posted by:” to know that this article was written by Sue. When I read the article title I heard it in her voice.

Posted by Nikki Li [Alerion] on March 08, 2009, 11:22 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Honestly I feel the same way about this dung casting rumor as I do the one about casting bill, for once I couldn’t care less what either of these actors look like because I am so excited that there are even rumors of casting these characters that they could make bill weasley a blonde or brunette and it wouldn’t matter to me! That is how happy I will be if this is all true and we get both bill and dung! I had already resigned myself to the disappointment that we would never see either of them in the films and that if they even did the wedding scene at all bill and fleur would be replaced by tonks and lupin. So this at least gives me a little hope that we will see less changes and cuts than expcted and get to see characters that most of us never thought we would. However, I am still doing my best to keep my excitement to a minimum until we know for sure.

Posted by bella vita on March 08, 2009, 11:42 PM report to moderator
Becky_thumb

I haven’t heard of him, but it looks like he might fit the part!

Posted by The Silver Doe on March 08, 2009, 11:46 PM report to moderator
0oh__snap___xx04_thumb

i can totally see that guy as Mundungus. ^^ i wonder how he’s going to portray the personality, though~

Posted by iceymoon [Cygnus] on March 08, 2009, 11:48 PM report to moderator
C36--only-one-he-ever-feared_thumb

I smell Dung.

Posted by LargeBlondDeathEater on March 08, 2009, 11:52 PM report to moderator
Hpim0307_thumb

I really hope this is true!

Posted by Aga Veneficus on March 09, 2009, 12:02 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Congrats to andy for gettin the part. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 09, 2009, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Congrats to andy for gettin the part. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 09, 2009, 12:08 AM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Ya, itz just a rumour for now. . . . . But it might be true so, congrats to andy again. . . :)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 09, 2009, 12:12 AM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

Weird, he looks like a “smelly, sneak thief” but he doesn’t look like Mundungus to me… I pictured Dung as being more… meek… haha. But he looks good I guess :)

Posted by PineappleCrush on March 09, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator

"...the Merchieftainess informs us that Mr. Potter was first to reach the hostages, and that the delay in his return was due to his determination to return all hostages to safety, not merely his own."[br]Ron and Hermione both gave Harry half-exasperated,