Dung Gone It! More Rumblings on Deathly Hallows Casting for a Smelly, Sneaky Thief

DH Film
March 08, 2009, 05:57 PM

Dung gone it, we have more rumors today regarding a possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Word has it that the part of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher (who is,in the words of Snape, a 'smelly sneak thief') will be portrayed in the Deathly Hallows films possibly by character actor Andy Linden. A photo of the actor can be seen here, and here, with footage of Mr. Linden at the premiere of his recent film The Secret of Moonacre, here. Andy Linden also had a small role in the film "State of Play," which was directed by David Yates, who is of course helming both the Deathly Hallows films. As readers will recall, Mundungus Fletcher has a pivotal role in the events leading to the Seven Potter scene early on in the final Harry Potter novel.  Please note, as with the other casting rumor of late, we are awaiting official confirmation,and thus we continue to urge caution and keep this in the rumor category for now. More when we get it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

I’m really really liking all of this casting! He would look just like the Dung in my head if he had a grungy brown mane of hair.

Posted by WeasleyGirl93 on March 08, 2009, 08:00 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Oh my! I can already see Kreacher beating him with a pan! :P

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 08, 2009, 08:04 PM report to moderator
Picture_6_thumb

Yeah, I think he looks really good for the part! I hope they cast him.

Posted by Emily [ROAR] on March 08, 2009, 08:18 PM report to moderator
Img_0305_thumb

I’m loving all of these announcements. The more parts we hear about, the less that is getting cut out of the movie. I can’t wait!

Posted by IWannaBeAWeasley on March 08, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Playermodel

ya i can see him as mundungus. the only problem is
that i always thought that he was younger

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on March 08, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

it is Mundungus! crazycool. :] hope rumor is true.

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 08, 2009, 08:53 PM report to moderator
Is22581022_thumb

His eyes are pretty much how I pictured them in the book, but the rest of his face isn’t. That doesn’t matter though, because WB can’t read my mind as some people expect them to be able to.
I hope this is true but don’t expect all these rumors to be true cause I can’t believe they’re casting all these characters.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on March 08, 2009, 09:02 PM report to moderator
Headshot_thumb

Not the kind of dude I pictured for Dung at all. I expected a much younger, hairier, thinner dung. Like an older, shaggier, dirtier Stan Shunkpike. I dunno, this just wasn’t how I pictured him.

Posted by Brad Ausrotas on March 08, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

I never imagined Dung to be that old, but he does look like he could play a dodgy thief.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on March 08, 2009, 09:05 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

I suppose he could work for the part.

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on March 08, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator
06_thumb

Aw! He looks like a great Dung! I hope the rumors are true. :)

Posted by silverwings [FTC!] on March 08, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Lilyjames_thumb

Wow! I hope this rumor is true! He seems perfect for Dung!

Posted by thewandofdestiny {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 09:14 PM report to moderator
Twiwiz_thumb

Oh my yes. Mundungus indeed.

Posted by twiwizardjedi on March 08, 2009, 09:36 PM report to moderator
Myleaky_avie_2_thumb

Wow, I can totally see him as Mundungus!

Posted by Hermionegirl on March 08, 2009, 09:41 PM report to moderator

This is great, he is important to the film.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 08, 2009, 09:55 PM report to moderator

"I want you in bed, now. All of you," she added, looking around at Fred, George, Ron, and Hermione.[br]"You can't boss us --" Fred began.[br]"Watch me," snarled Mrs. Weasley.