Dung Gone It! More Rumblings on Deathly Hallows Casting for a Smelly, Sneaky Thief

DH Film
March 08, 2009, 05:57 PM

Dung gone it, we have more rumors today regarding a possible casting for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Word has it that the part of dodgy Order of the Phoenix member Mundungus Fletcher (who is,in the words of Snape, a 'smelly sneak thief') will be portrayed in the Deathly Hallows films possibly by character actor Andy Linden. A photo of the actor can be seen here, and here, with footage of Mr. Linden at the premiere of his recent film The Secret of Moonacre, here. Andy Linden also had a small role in the film "State of Play," which was directed by David Yates, who is of course helming both the Deathly Hallows films. As readers will recall, Mundungus Fletcher has a pivotal role in the events leading to the Seven Potter scene early on in the final Harry Potter novel.  Please note, as with the other casting rumor of late, we are awaiting official confirmation,and thus we continue to urge caution and keep this in the rumor category for now. More when we get it!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Photo_95_thumb

oh my gosh perfect!!

Posted by vomit on March 08, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Photo_95_thumb

first comment what what!

Posted by vomit on March 08, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

He looks like he would suit the role well! I cannot wait to receive more word about him.

Posted by Kirk on March 08, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator

Wow! I like him, perfect Dung:D

Posted by marigan on March 08, 2009, 06:03 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Yeah I can’t wait for some solid word from WB. He looks good for the role in my opinion.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 08, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I’m liking all these rumers and hope that they all come to be! He looks like he could a perfect Mundungus!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 08, 2009, 06:07 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

he looks like a smelly sneak thief to me.

Posted by Matea on March 08, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
4558_110541317616_500052616_2408093_477353_n_thumb

He looks like he’ll do very well!! Just put some dirt on him and he’s dung!!

Posted by 10thweasley {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator

I’m still shocked that they’re (rumored to be) considering keeping Bill and Mundungus! I was fully expecting the both of them to be cut from the film, so this is shocking.

I’m optimistic now, so I’m hoping for Auntie Muriel to be cast. Don’t let me down, WB.

Posted by Jaymie Brooks on March 08, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator

Yay! Dung is great!

Posted by albeitgruggish on March 08, 2009, 06:23 PM report to moderator
N48913080_45953965_1570820_thumb

that cool i guess. when i went to his imdb page i thought it was the thief guy from Rockn Rolla but apparently not

Posted by Chad on March 08, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Yes! I really hope they cast Mundungus! He really needs to be in DH!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 08, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator

I am really excited, yaaaay!

Posted by Lily_Severus on March 08, 2009, 06:32 PM report to moderator

thats awesome that they are casting for bill and now mundungus! yay!!

Posted by padfoot84sb on March 08, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I bet he will be great for the part. Hope this rumor pans out to be true.

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 08, 2009, 06:44 PM report to moderator

"You mean you're [i]running away[/i]?" said Harry disbelievingly. "After all that stuff you did in your books --"[br]"Books can be misleading," said Lockhart delicately.[br]"You wrote them!" Harry shouted.