Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Looks like a good choice! I loved the Shell Cottage scenes in DH!

Posted by AubNoelle on March 08, 2009, 12:20 AM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

budb, great to see you again.

I’m still concerned that the continuity just won’t be there. Yes, the book fans will get it. But introducing a character that we’ve never seen or heard of before in the previous films will be difficult for WB to do. I’m just worried that it will come across as, “hey, here’s another redheaded kid, and remember that french chick from 3 movies ago? yeah, they’re getting married.” I just don’t know how they’re going to pull it off, but obviously I want it to work.

Posted by mollywobble on March 08, 2009, 12:46 AM report to moderator
Icon_thumb

That is not how I imagine Bill. Maybe I am weird.

Posted by Heather [Conure] [WBM] on March 08, 2009, 01:06 AM report to moderator
Krum_avatar2_thumb

I’m glad to see that they may be casting Bill. I was afraid that he would be cut from the movie. Although I’m not a huge fan of Fleur, I don’t like the idea of them re-casting the role and not having Clemence Posey back.

Posted by AccioKrum on March 08, 2009, 01:20 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

He looks pretty good. Just needs a few scars :]

Posted by bec majec *roar* on March 08, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Rh7_thumb

He looks pretty good. Just needs a few scars :]

Posted by bec majec *roar* on March 08, 2009, 01:36 AM report to moderator
Goficons-mmarauder-14_thumb

He looks great, I hope shell cottage and Fleur are in too!

Posted by Remus_Rocks on March 08, 2009, 01:46 AM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

I hope that the wedding scene will be in the movie! I’m glad they cast some one to play Bill and Mundungus. Hopefully the movies will be close to the book!

Posted by raven_puff on March 08, 2009, 03:05 AM report to moderator
Owl_thumb

He looks like I picture Bill, so I’m happy. I’m taking this as a step in the right direction—I was worried that they would replace Bill and Fleur’s wedding with Lupin and Tonks’, so if they cast a Bill, they’re halfway there, right?

Posted by TheCrogePodge on March 08, 2009, 03:15 AM report to moderator
Swan_thumb

So if we have Bill, surely we will have Fleur? And if we have Fleur there will be a wedding won’t there? It’s just that, apart from all the info and gossip at the wedding I want to see two things: Ron and Hermione dancing, and Shacklebolt’s lynx saying: The ministry has fallen, Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming!

Posted by Kalin [WBM] on March 08, 2009, 03:26 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Well…I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see. They better put all the scenes in – after all, it is going to be two movies. And they don’t wanna upset the fans.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 03:55 AM report to moderator
Hugh001_thumb

Not hot enough for Bill, IMO. :/

Posted by LizetM on March 08, 2009, 04:07 AM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

this is great news! i confess i’ve felt a little disgruntled at the producers’ choice of not casting the weasley’s big brothers so far and we’ll probably never see charlie, though i guess he was mentioned back in ss. of course, the casting of clemece poesy would put things straight.

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on March 08, 2009, 05:21 AM report to moderator
1956p_thumb

is mundungus also being cast?! you’ll certainly updates us, right? hmm… sounds promising.

Posted by cleber*ROAR!* on March 08, 2009, 05:24 AM report to moderator
Masterofmystery08_thumb

I think he would make a good Bill and I hope this rumour turns out to be true. I also hope they ask Clémence Poésy back. I liked her as Fleur and would love to see Bill/Fleur in the final movie(s).

I mean, come one WB, you even cast Mrs Granger (rollseyes)

Posted by galadriel12 (ROAR) on March 08, 2009, 05:32 AM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"But if we get caught, you two will be expelled, too."[br] "Not if I can help it," said Hermione grimly. "Flitwick told me in secret that I got a hundred and twelve percent on his exam. They're not throwing me out after that."