Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

The-moose_thumb

This sure would be exciting if it’s true. I am so disappointed that Fleur is being cut from HBP but, with DH being two movies there would be very little justification to cut her & Bill, especially with the whole wedding scene being so important.

Posted by Moose_Starr on March 07, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Ps014_bymusguita_thumb

please let this rumour be true!! i really want there to be a wedding and shell cottage! and he looks like bill! and if they bring bill in, i want charlie to be DH aswell! and they could be like.. “ron we never told you this but you have 2 long lost brothers… and one of them is getting married tommorow, yay!” it would be really random but funny!! :D

Posted by hannah abbot ;) on March 07, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

NOOO! That can’t be my Bill! He has to big cheekbones and looks to disgusting

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 07, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
5252_132371244358_752189358_3172991_1166454_n_thumb

he looks like bill to me

Posted by Dragongamer187 [FTC!] on March 07, 2009, 06:31 PM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

I agree that he would make a good Bill. Definitely think he could pull that off!

Posted by Lillylove on March 07, 2009, 06:39 PM report to moderator
Cafe_press_thumb

Some how I saw Bill as more buff and more handsome. Does this mean that the whole greyback attack is not in Halfblood? Grandma

Posted by grandmabeth on March 07, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

I hope they cast Bill and I hope that Clemence reprises her role as Fleur. There can’t be a DH without those two, IMO! I think Domhnall will make a great Bill. He looks like a Wealsey.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 07, 2009, 06:45 PM report to moderator
Iconator_1219385d1bc508ea565d4c902a6f052d_thumb

Oh cool… can they cast Charlie too? Please? WB

Posted by Kara000 ~ROAR~ on March 07, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

He definitely looks how I picture Bill reading the books!

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on March 07, 2009, 06:56 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

sounds cool, look like a weasley….. ;)

Posted by Anvi on March 07, 2009, 07:31 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on March 07, 2009, 07:41 PM report to moderator
Avatar_thumb

he looks like bill to me, and I hope they have the wedding but I honestly don’t care if they recast Fluer.

Posted by GF_of_Seamus on March 07, 2009, 07:44 PM report to moderator

As long as he’s not running around yelling with an entire three trunk, I’ll be happy…

Posted by marigan on March 07, 2009, 08:01 PM report to moderator
Image_thumb

oh I really hope that the Wedding is in, but since they are already having an attack on the Burrow in HBP the effect probably wouldn’t be as great if they did it again in DH annoyed I want Hermione’s ‘Always the tone of surprise’ line and see Ron’s shocked expression grrrr grumble

Posted by Kamidee {ROAR!} [TZS] on March 07, 2009, 08:12 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

I can see Domhnall Gleeson as Bill and sincerely hope they will include the wedding and Shell Cottage so that Clemence Poesy will be asked back for DH. :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on March 07, 2009, 08:22 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014

"I was the only one who saw her for what she was -- a freak! But for my mother and father, oh no, it was Lily this and Lily that, they were proud of having a witch in the family!"