Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Biker_old_lady4done_use_thumb

We are finally going to have Bill? I must say that he looks like he would fit in with the rest of the Weasley’s. This is the first bit of news, if it is news and doesn’t stay in rumors, that has stirred my interest in the movie.

Posted by Cool G on March 07, 2009, 03:18 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Domhnall certainly looks like a good match for the part and it’ll be great to see the character finally appearing in the movies!!

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on March 07, 2009, 03:29 PM report to moderator
Muahaha_thumb

Woah, I’m quite flabbergasted. I honestly thought they’d replace Bill and Fleur with Remus and Tonks in those scenes.

Posted by ScottMan on March 07, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

Thank you, Thank you at last we have a Bill Weasley. I’m so happy now.I do hope the wedding scene makes it into the movie with fleur. cool!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 07, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Hswand2_kopiex_thumb

Wow, he looks just like I’ve pictured Ron to look! So he would be a good Bill, I guess. A bit young, though?

Posted by grey_nightshirt on March 07, 2009, 03:37 PM report to moderator
2vbx3b5_thumb

Oh I really really hope this is true! If it is then maybe we will at least still get to have shell cottage and hopefully we will get a bill and fleur wedding instead of some crazy makes no sense substitute! I would love to see Clemence come back and play fleur again because I think she is fantastic and regretted that we didn’t get to see more of her in GOF especially after I read HBP.God I hope this isn’t just rumor and they really do end up including shell cottage and the wedding!

Posted by bella vita on March 07, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Cool. He definately looks like Bill to me. I hope both scenes with hm are in.

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 07, 2009, 03:45 PM report to moderator
Groucho2_thumb

hey, Molly W…hope you’ve been well?

If this turns out to be true, in answer to your posting, I think that it means that its finally sunk in that the entire series needs to have story line continuity and some believable plot closures? Parachuting Bill in at this point could still work, even Mundungus (tho the character development for both is lost…)

If there is a Bill and Fleur wedding, then I’d also assume Charlie will be cast.

Anyone hear about Krum, Ollivander and Griphook being cast yet? I’d like to think they’d re-sign Ianevski, Hurt and Troyer respectively, but who knows…. Yet all (as we know) these characters are important to the overall plot

we’ll still go to the movie, we’ll still buy the dvd! ;-)

Posted by budb on March 07, 2009, 03:46 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

SQUEE!!! i’m soo excited.. i hope they have the wedding scene.. he looks like bill.. now only if they could cast charlie, lol..

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on March 07, 2009, 04:01 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

He looks like a fantastic Bill. Hope the rumors are true!

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 07, 2009, 04:02 PM report to moderator
Triogrounds2cut_thumb

wow-we have a lot of families that work together in Potter. Ok that’s not true. Two. But still. Anyway, this would be awesome if they did the wedding. I like it a lot. Yay! This is a way cool awesome piece of news.

Posted by kayzz on March 07, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

Sounds awesome.

Posted by snapealicious on March 07, 2009, 04:25 PM report to moderator
60c9c9ed966148bcbf9c4a4258e60858_1__thumb
He look’s like how i pictured bill squee
Posted by FrancescaElle on March 07, 2009, 04:30 PM report to moderator
Ilzairspar_thumb

I think it would be pretty darn cool if they decided to bring Bill in. But I’m not sure how they would make it work. Perhaps they can add something in HBP at least mentioning him so people who haven’t read the books aren’t surprised when they see him? You know, make it look like it isn’t a scramble to fix something that hindsight shows they should have mentioned.

Posted by Ilzairspar on March 07, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
216cougar2_thumb

it look to me from the photos that he woulf fit the part.

Posted by Arthur22 on March 07, 2009, 04:38 PM report to moderator

"Nice socks, Potter," Moody growled as he passed, his magical eye staring through Harry's robes.[br]"Oh -- yeah, Dobby the house-elf knitted them for me," said Harry, grinning.