Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

He really looks the part! I hope he really does this! This is one of the actors who, like Evanna seems really good for his/her part.btw, evanna is GREAT, but I haven’t seen Domhnall act yet (I’m sure he’ll be great too)

Posted by Caldicaught on March 08, 2009, 01:54 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

I so want to see the scenes at Shell Cottage on screen. Especially the burial of Dobby.

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on March 08, 2009, 02:05 PM report to moderator
Keep_calm_hrh2_thumb

very cool news!

Posted by tinagin [ROAR]! on March 08, 2009, 03:03 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I hope this is true! He doesn’t look exatly how I imagined Bill but he definatly does look like a Weasley, and I think he could pull it off. I also hope they bring back Fleur! It wouldn’t take too much, just subtly having Ron talk about his oldest brother and how he’s getting married.

Also, can’t wait to see who they cast as Dung!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on March 08, 2009, 03:28 PM report to moderator
Bild_thumb

Looks just right to me.

Posted by ElinJ*ROAR* on March 08, 2009, 03:51 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Someone has to be an idiot to not have already cast him as Bill. He looks just like a Weasley, and nothing like a Moody.

Posted by ravenclaw29 on March 08, 2009, 04:00 PM report to moderator
Iconator_ff20bdd615cdbf54d1de3fc9cdfe44ed_thumb

I approve! He looks like Bill to me!

Posted by Harry89 !ROAR! on March 08, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I can’t wait for the movie. Only a few months left!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 08, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Ced_thumb

It says in the given site that he has already worked in Goblet of fire. But which role did he play there? Surely, Bill wasn’t there!

Posted by AatiMuoaS | SaouMitaA on March 08, 2009, 05:11 PM report to moderator
Photo_4_thumb

i could actually see him playing bill it kinda makes me wonder if they are thinking about casting charlie too i doubt they would but it would be cool to see the both of them

Posted by bookworm1102 on March 08, 2009, 05:28 PM report to moderator
Potterpuffsi010-vi_thumb

I’m going to be ticked if they cut the Weasley-Delacour wedding out of DH part 1.

Posted by siriuslysirius11 {*SQUEE*} on March 08, 2009, 05:33 PM report to moderator
Naughty_galaxy_thumb

aaTmaHira The article refers to BRENDAN Gleeson working on Goblet of Fire, not Domhnall. I’m looking forward to seeing Shell Cottage in the film, I think it possible they could use Bill without Fleur if they wanted to, but I rather hope not.

Posted by moglet [ITC!] on March 08, 2009, 05:40 PM report to moderator
Photo_95_thumb

he needs longer hair of course haha but he’ll do i think. hey he’s in the movie somewhere!

Posted by vomit on March 08, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Owl-400wide_thumb

wow, he kind of fits…

Posted by cocoeple on March 08, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

WOW! I really hope this is true.. He would be a perfect Bill Weasley! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 08, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator

"Potter has never shown much inclination to follow school rules."

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014