Rumblings on Possible Casting for Bill Weasley for Deathly Hallows and More

DH Film
March 07, 2009, 12:34 PM

We have some interesting rumblings today regarding possible castings for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Rumors have reached our ears that Domhnall Gleeson, the son of actor Brendan Gleeson (Mad-Eye Moody) will be portraying Bill Weasley in the final Harry Potter films. You can see a photo of Domhnall here. Domhnall Gleeson is an upcoming actor, known in the theater world having received a Tony nomination in 2006 for his work in The Lieutenant of Inishmore.  Also word is that the role of Mundungus Fletcher has also been cast, but there is no actor's name available as of yet.

Please note: As fans will recall, we had heard from actress Clemence Poesy last year that her character of Fleur was not to be in Half-Blood Prince, but remained uncertain if she was to be back for Deathly Hallows. We do not know if the rumor of a possible casting of Bill Weasely indicates the wedding scene may be in or simply just Shell cottage, or what all of this may mean, thus, we do caution to please treat this very much as a rumor for now. As always, we are working to find out more on this, and will update with more when we can, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

54e418b51d8db03a8e6d72ec049e9220_5844030_thumb

ooh this is exciting!
but i will be wierd, i mean we have never seen Bill before and he night just randomly be there.
although, this may mean a wedding scene! :D

Posted by E.Weasley. [ravenvlog ♥'s me] {WBM} on March 08, 2009, 05:34 AM report to moderator

Well, he looks like Bill, altough I imagined him more, I don’t know, “big” ;)
As I always say, I wouldn’t mind much if they cut something less important in the Half-Blood Prince, but, in DH it’s all so important that I hope they won’t cut a word. It’s really the most important movie, the last and the more waited.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 08, 2009, 06:43 AM report to moderator
Iconavmeg_thumb

Hmm.. Mabye with long hair. He lookes ok, I think he can be a good Bill.

Posted by Cheimonas on March 08, 2009, 08:14 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

WOW he look just like how Bill would look like

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on March 08, 2009, 08:26 AM report to moderator
Small_wizard_rock_page_logo_thumb

That’s good news! They should be casting as many characters as possible! And the scene with Dung, Kreacher and the frying pan is a must!!!

Posted by Neil in Scotland * ROAR! * on March 08, 2009, 08:31 AM report to moderator
Hedwig_avatar_thumb

Along with a lot of others I am also happy with the look of this actor to play the part of Bill. The wedding would make a dramatic early happy scene to lighten the darkness briefly and introduce the harshness of the new regime, but I’d settle for seeing Bill and Fleur at Shell Cottage. Bill does have the vital insight into the goblin mind which could prove useful for non book readers. I’m crossing my fingers.

Posted by Graymayne on March 08, 2009, 08:52 AM report to moderator
Gatinho_thumb

HE IS PERFECT!!! :) Loved it…. hope Poesy comes back too!!! :)

Posted by Carol Carvalho on March 08, 2009, 09:48 AM report to moderator
Twiwiz_thumb

Cool. He’s a total Weasley. Now if only they’d cast Charlie in the first movie. COLUMBUS! (shakes fist).

Posted by twiwizardjedi on March 08, 2009, 10:13 AM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

idefinetly fits my imaginated bill. really hope that`s true. it`d be so awesome if they were in it. i was kinda upset when they weren`t in half-blood prince. it`s probably like, four minutes worth of story telling and we would actually get to see another WEASLEY! i mean jees, i saw a weasley clock for sale at the warner brother on line shop, and they had all the other actors faces, but for charlie and bill they had literally put in two photos of some not-happy looking red haired kids! ridiculous! GIVE US MORE WEASLEYS PLEASE!

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on March 08, 2009, 11:08 AM report to moderator
Dscn0187_thumb

After looking at the pic, I think he would make a good addition to the movie-Weasley family. I really hope we get to see both the wedding and shell cottage.

Posted by Laura Keaton [WBM!] on March 08, 2009, 11:50 AM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

cool! he looks like bill too!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 08, 2009, 12:05 PM report to moderator
Imagescad1mlxa_thumb

Cool this may mean they are one step closer to start/ finshing theDH
I have nothing wrong with Mr Brendan Gleeson or anyone but to me he does
not look like a Bill to me

Posted by muggle..andproudofit =:) on March 08, 2009, 12:26 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

He looks like Bill to me, they really have got this right. Close to the way I imagined him and judging by the comments a lot like other people do as well.

I really hope this does mean the wedding scene is in (it really is vital) as well as Shell Cottage.

:D xx

He really looks the part! I hope he really does this! This is one of the actors who, like Evanna seems really good for his/her part.btw, evanna is GREAT, but I haven’t seen Domhnall act yet (I’m sure he’ll be great too)

Posted by Caldicaught on March 08, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator

Posted by Caldicaught on March 08, 2009, 01:53 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

Harry watched Hagrid getting redder and redder in the face as he called for more wine, finally kissing Professor McGonagall on the cheek, who, to Harry's amazement, giggled and blushed, her top hat lopsided.