Harry Potter Conferences News: We Are Wizards to Screen at LeakyCon 2009, Azkatraz Update

Conventions
March 07, 2009, 11:55 AM

We have couple pieces of news today regarding two of the Harry Potter fan conferences set for later this year. First up: We are proud to announce that We Are Wizards, the documentary on the Harry Potter fandom, will be screening at LeakyCon 2009. The showing will take place Friday, May 22nd as part of the regular programming at our first convention which will take place in Boston, Massachusetts in just a few months. Directed by Josh Koury, the We Are Wizards documentary spotlights various facets of our community, and feature some familiar faces including Wizard rockers Harry and the Potters and other great groups,  as well as comic book artist  Brad Neely and TLC's own Melissa Anelli. For more on the documentary, click here, and you can see the trailer for the movie, here via YouTube.

As noted previously, LeakyCon 2009 will take place May 21- 24 in Boston, and registrations for the event are going fast!  For more on how to be part of our first convention, hotel news, programming and more, please click here. Hope to see you there!

The second piece of news involves Azkatraz 2009, the HPEF Harry Potter conference being held later this summer July 17- 21st in San Francisco, California. The conference is extending  the basic $145 registration date now until April 15th. To take advantage of this before rates rise and for more on what is sure to be a fun event for Potter fans everywhere, please click here.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Conventions News

Playermodel

can’t wait.

hope i can go, for some reason i can never find the movie.

oh well atleast i’ll be able to see it a lc if i go.

Posted by jonfrog {ROAR} on March 07, 2009, 12:00 PM report to moderator
Officially_dazzeled_thumb
2013 Points

I can’t wait to see it at LeakyCon…

Posted by Pureblood-Slytherin [FTC!!] on March 07, 2009, 12:19 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Cool

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 07, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Aww, just make me wish I could go to LeakyCon even more than before!

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on March 07, 2009, 12:28 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

I wish I could go!

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 07, 2009, 12:32 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

Great. . . I can’t attend. . . :(

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 07, 2009, 01:47 PM report to moderator
Dscf0369_thumb

Wish I could go : (

Posted by Minerva McGonagall on March 07, 2009, 03:31 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

Great! but I can’t attend… sadly

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 07, 2009, 06:18 PM report to moderator
B100feeling_thumb

I so wish I could go to Azkatraz. I live near San Fransisco, but it’s to expensive:(

Posted by hermione467 on March 07, 2009, 07:35 PM report to moderator
108_thumb

I wish I could go too. :(

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 07, 2009, 09:10 PM report to moderator
Young_riddle2_thumb

wow, leakycon09 sounds sooo good, but i cant come, ive got school :( and i live in australia :( but at least ive got infinitus to look forward to =D

Posted by iLoveDolores [FTC!] on March 07, 2009, 09:34 PM report to moderator
Ravenqueen_thumb

I really want to see We Are Wizards!! Now I wish even more that I could go to LeakyCon 2009!

Posted by raven_puff on March 07, 2009, 09:35 PM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

I wanna LeakyCon! But I can’t can’t can’t! Woe is me! :(

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 07, 2009, 09:59 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

I can’t believe I’m missing this!! Ah, I think I’m going to cry! DX

All of you who are able to go, tell yourself how lucky you are.

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 07, 2009, 10:44 PM report to moderator

Too bad I’m a poor college student and have zero money to do anything fun. Ha.

Posted by AubNoelle on March 08, 2009, 12:21 AM report to moderator

The girl called Luna watched them over her upside-down magazine, which was called [i]The Quibbler.[/i] She did not seem to need to blink as much as normal humans. She stared and stared at Harry, who had taken the seat opposite her and now wished he had no