Life Sentence Given in Robert Knox Murder Case

Legal
March 05, 2009, 08:59 AM

Yesterday there was an update in the case involving Robert Knox, the young actor who appears as Marcus Belby in the upcoming Half-Blood Prince, who was tragically murdered last May. As reported earlier, a jury in England found Karl Bishop, 22 guilty of the murder of Robert Knox, and today Mr. Bishop was handed a life sentence in jail for his crimes. The BBC reports:

Bishop, who was found guilty on four counts of wounding, was given three further concurrent life sentences for wounding Mr Knox's friends.

Sentencing, Mr Justice Bean told Bishop that he was a highly dangerous man.

"I do not think it is proved that you intended to kill Robert Knox. The truth is that you simply could not care less whether you killed him or not," he said.

"Your lack of regret let alone remorse was truly chilling".

Thanks, Andy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Legal News

Da_copy_thumb

I hope this brings at least some closure for the family, maybe not so much as in grief for their lost one but at least in the sense that justice had been served.

Posted by Professor Potter on March 05, 2009, 12:49 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

this whole situation is just sad =(

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 05, 2009, 12:52 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

The life sentence is deserved. At least he won’t be harming anyone else ever again.

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on March 05, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Wig4_thumb

We talk about the Murder a lot but what about the Robert Knox family there got Life Sentence too with out there belove son. My hart go’s to tham.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 05, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Harryavatar_thumb

Sarah Knox:
“I really wish I could remember the last moment I spent with him, that last look, but this was cruelly taken away from me when he died. It’s just a blur. If only I could turn back the clock, give him one more hug, take one more look at his face, tell him how much I love him.

No-one can understand the panic and fear of what I was going to find when I got down at The Metro Bar. When I saw Jamie in total desperation, covered in blood, I felt sick and frightened for what I would find. I wanted to be with Jamie and comfort him but I needed to get to Rob. All I could think about was being with and seeing Rob – letting him know I was there, with him."

Her words are heart breaking.

Posted by coppertopchopperhopper on March 05, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

awww

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on March 05, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
N35500137_30859274_1022_thumb
1995 Points

awww

Posted by LunaGinevraBlack on March 05, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

Serves himself right!! He deserves that for the lives he’s ruined and even if he was free i could seriously see a large group of people ambushing him and killing him anyway!! :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on March 05, 2009, 01:57 PM report to moderator
Seniorphoto3_thumb

that made me cry…wow…Sarah knox’s words are chilling. this young man has no remorse for what he did. no guilt. He doesnt care. what is this world coming to! my heart and prayers are with the Knox family.

Posted by TheDeathlyHallows07 {WBM} on March 05, 2009, 02:11 PM report to moderator
The_thumb

That’s so sad!!!

Posted by wrockfangirl *ROAR!* on March 05, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
Johnb_thumb

Whatever happened to the good old days where the Brits would draw and quarter a {fill in your favorite adjective or adverb here} like this. Oh well, as Britain goes this is the best they could do. Hopefully the family can move on and have some sort of a positive rest of their life.

John B.

Posted by JohnB on March 05, 2009, 03:39 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_7_thumb

Praying for the family.

Posted by AngelasCrochetingCorner on March 05, 2009, 03:41 PM report to moderator
Jack-o-lanterns_thumb

This guy deserves it.

Posted by Hermione Weasley on March 05, 2009, 04:44 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Wow. Thank God he got life in prison. Disgusting to snuff out a life.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 05, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Thecave_thumb

I’m glad he’s off the streets. I feel horrible for Knox’s family, and I hope they can find some small comfort in knowing that this man won’t be able to hurt anyone else.

Posted by mollywobble on March 05, 2009, 05:09 PM report to moderator

"You killed my parents," said Harry, his voice shaking slightly, but his wand hand quite steady.[br]Black stared up at him out of those sunken eyes.[br]"I don't deny it," he said very quietly. "But if you knew the whole story."