Rumor of Emma Watson Yale Announcement via Twitter False

Watson
March 04, 2009, 08:50 AM

Yesterday, we told you of the numerous media outlets carrying a story which claimed actress Emma Watson supposedly announced via Twitter that she had been accepted into Yale. Thanks to EmmaWatsonOfficial.com, we now know these claims were indeed quite false. As posted on her official website, Emma Watson does NOT have a Twitter account, and the Hermione Granger actress is "still trying to decide whether she wants to attend University in the UK or the USA, and hasn't accepted any placements at this time."

Thanks so much to EmmaWatsonOfficial!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Watson News

My_hero_neville_thumb

@dee, I agree. The rumor was only that she was accepted at Yale, not that she actually decided to go there. With her brains, I’d be shocked if she didn’t get into Yale as well. Wherever she goes, I wish her all the best!

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on March 04, 2009, 06:46 PM report to moderator
My-first-pointes_thumb

o my gosh i wish that emma would attend school in the us!!!!! although it would be sort of strange for her because she would probably be attacked by fans every day 24 7 if they knew where she went to school…

Posted by Livelovepotter [WBM] on March 04, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Good to know! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 04, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Harry_and_ginny_3_thumb

Twitter is garbage

Posted by Crown Victoria [WBM] on March 04, 2009, 07:28 PM report to moderator
Mcgonagalldh_thumb

Maybe she shouldn’t announce her decision. Wherever she decides to go, there will surely be paparazzi to follow. That will become quite tiresome for Emma and university officials to deal with. If that happens, she’ll have to keep a low profile to make them get bored and go away.

Posted by iamminerva on March 04, 2009, 08:09 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_2027_thumb

Thank you for clearing this issue up!

Posted by Harryfan24 ROAR! on March 04, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
208389_1809752216631_1624741607_1810808_1202878_n_thumb

haha theres so many different rumors about her going to different schools.
LOL

Posted by sleepyhead on March 04, 2009, 08:41 PM report to moderator
Iconstorykeeper_thumb

That’s the media for you. sigh Whatever her choice may be, I wish her the best of luck in her future education plans. She’s a very bright girl.

Posted by Aphrael on March 04, 2009, 09:39 PM report to moderator

I wonder what she wants to study?? I’m going to university next year! It was be freaking awesome if we went to the same university. Except I might be creapy and stalkerish!

Posted by RightLeftMiddle {WBM} on March 04, 2009, 09:47 PM report to moderator
Hagrid_7_thumb

Thanks for clearing this up. Good luck Emma.

Posted by AngelasCrochetingCorner on March 04, 2009, 09:54 PM report to moderator
Hermione_stills84a_thumb

Ohhh, that would be really awesome if she went to Yale, its such a great school and has such a wonderful campus…. I would die happy if I could go there for an entire semester haha! I would most likely get in (I’ve never actually tried, though, but even the application fee is expensive!!) but even if I did get in, I could never afford it, though….

Emma is such an inspiration though :) It’s nice to have role models that we can actually look up to!

Posted by PineappleCrush on March 04, 2009, 10:31 PM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Thanks for clearing that up. She should do whatever makes her happy.

5372_224657370337_510970337_7616810_5737149_n_thumb

As a Connecticut resident, I have to say that it would be really, really awesome for her to go to Yale ;)

Posted by choirgeek on March 05, 2009, 05:32 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

I think this is the twitter id : Emma_watson

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 06, 2009, 07:02 AM report to moderator
B100feeling_thumb

Good luck, Emma :)!

Posted by hermione467 on March 07, 2009, 11:28 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

What was making Harry feel so horrified and unhappy was that he knew how it felt to be humiliated in the middle of a circle of onlookers, knew exactly how Snape had felt as his father had taunted him, and that judging from what he had just seen, his fathe