Tom Felton Talks Filming with Jason Isaacs as the Malfoy Family for "Deathly Hallows"

Felton
March 30, 2009, 10:50 AM

Actor Tom Felton has given a new interview where he discusses the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  Noting he has not yet begun filming his role as Draco Malfoy for the final two installments in the Harry Potter series, Tom said: "I can't wait for the next one, it's very exciting. I've been up to where the film is shot a couple of times and it's ready to go. I haven't started yet so can't give anything away!"

He also goes on to say how much he is looking forward again to working with actor Jason Isaacs, who memorably portrays Death Eater Lucius Malfoy and the father of Draco. Tom Felton is complimentary of the work Jason does on set, stating: "Lucius is an evil son of a gun and Jason is very good at turning that on when he's talking to you normally, it's scary." He continued

"I haven't seen him for a couple of years but he's a great guy and he is a bit of a dad. I look up to him a lot when we're filming, he's a good role model to have on the set to follow in his footsteps."

UPDATE: Thanks to Tom Felton himself as he let it be known via his official public Twitter that there was new video of him at the event speaking on Harry Potter here via Digital Spy

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Green_hummers_thumb

They made great actor choices for Draco and Lucius. It great that they get along well. Can’t wait to see these movies.!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 30, 2009, 12:41 PM report to moderator
Iconavmeg_thumb

Aww.. that’s really great to hear, and quite cute :D
I’m really looking forward to see the sceens.. oh I can’t wait.

Posted by Cheimonas on March 30, 2009, 12:43 PM report to moderator
Budgie_thumb
12005 Points

I agree about the father-son relationship carrying into the performance. I am scheduling a Potter weekend with friends when the sixth movie comes out!

Posted by budgie on March 30, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

What a great combo they are. I look forward to the Malfoy manor scenes!

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 30, 2009, 12:44 PM report to moderator
Mugsp_profile_thumb

I just have to say no wonder he has so much time for Twitter! He’s not filming! I was curious what he was doing. hehe

Posted by eiVega on March 30, 2009, 12:45 PM report to moderator
Download_thumb

its great to have a father and son relationship because it helps on set

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on March 30, 2009, 12:55 PM report to moderator

Since some months ago it seems to be a new interview with Felton every week, nothing against him, but it’s kind of repetitive and it would be nice to read interviews with the rest of the actors too. Just in case WB read this and can take note…

Posted by ethanHP on March 30, 2009, 01:33 PM report to moderator
2zpr1ao_thumb

“Lucius is an evil son of a gun and Jason is very good at turning that on when he’s talking to you normally, it’s scary.”

haha that made me crack up xD…… they’re both great actors

Posted by Dobbyrox [WBM] on March 30, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator
N8846922_43549767_6482_thumb

aw, that’s so cute. tom felton <3

Posted by avrenim [WBM!] on March 30, 2009, 01:37 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

I think their off-screen chemistry shows in the characters they play. I’m looking forward to seeing them together again in DH. Their characters, especially Draco, have such a change in character. Yay! I’m excited. :)

Posted by scarletti1 on March 30, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

I often wonder what the actors think of the direction that their character is going.
I love the way Jason has embraced his character and Tom and Jason do a fantastic job together.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on March 30, 2009, 01:39 PM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

Cool! I can’t wait.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 30, 2009, 01:43 PM report to moderator
1691273755a1691353847b766100513l_thumb

I just love him!!

Posted by qwientje on March 30, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

It would be nice to be a fly and be able to see and hear all that goes on behind the curtains – so to speak- when they are filming. Bet there is a lot of joking and laughter about.

Posted by saffran { roar } on March 30, 2009, 02:33 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

pretty nifty. <3 draco and lucius

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 30, 2009, 02:35 PM report to moderator

"You're being rather rude, you know," said Luna serenely.[br]Harry swore and turned away. The very last thing he wanted now was a conversation with Luna Lovegood.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014