Tweeting Tom Felton

Felton
March 03, 2009, 07:56 PM

Here is an offbeat, yet rather cool piece of news tonight: actor Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) has joined the legions of us on Twitter. The actor confirmed to Feltbeats.com that he is now part of the very popular online short messaging service, and you can follow Tom's official Twitter via this link http://twitter.com/tomfelton (you can also see a very recent picture of the actor as he is currently filming a new movie 13 hours). Finally Feltbeats has a fantastic new photo of the actor taken as part of a professional photoshoot for Heat Radio. You can learn more about Twitter here, as well as follow Leaky here, PotterCast here and LeakyCon 2009 here.

On a related note, there are a variety of media outlets carrying the story that actress Emma Watson has supposedly announced that she has been accepted into Yale, and this claim was made via Twitter.  Please note: the Twitter account in question is under an assumed name, and is not an open public one like so many of the celebrities officially on Twitter such as Tom Felton, Stephen Fry, Ashton Kutcher etc, so please keep this in the rumor category for now.  TLC is working to obtain veracity of this claim, and will update with more when we can.

Thanks so much to Feltbeats.com!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Ron1_thumb

Tom looks SO good. He’s cute (:

As for Emma going to Yale – that’d be cool if she went =]

Posted by Christine on March 03, 2009, 08:11 PM report to moderator
Owl_watermelon_thumb

It’s like they doused him with the fake blood! I like that he looks so proud too.

Posted by Lucia Meadows on March 03, 2009, 08:14 PM report to moderator
9164450_thumb

That’s so cool. My favorite people on twitter are Shaq and Rainn Wilson. I look forward to reading his tweets.

Posted by mariami on March 03, 2009, 08:15 PM report to moderator
User144_pic2545_1286857182_thumb

Wow those are some really awesome pictures.

Posted by firekeeper on March 03, 2009, 08:19 PM report to moderator
Melissa_thumb

I’m glad to see he’s joined the wondrous world of Twitter, lol. :)

Posted by Melissa Anelli on March 03, 2009, 08:26 PM report to moderator
1_thumb

I just have to say that I love the word veracity. It needs to be used more often.

Also, that picture is scary but kinda cool.

Posted by Dawlish and the Archies {WBM!} on March 03, 2009, 08:38 PM report to moderator
N1585320109_30028278_6922_thumb

Wooo Twitter! I got entirely too excited about this, lol.

Posted by Kelsey on March 03, 2009, 08:40 PM report to moderator
Ukrain_cover_sm2_thumb

Um… I just dont understand. What’s so great about twitter? I’m not sure I get it. Why would I need to know that someone is about to sit down to dinner, or that they’ve gone shopping? Can someone help? I’m horribly uneducated.

Posted by heartless_wench on March 03, 2009, 08:45 PM report to moderator

Cool! I know nothing about Twitter, but that’s cool anyway. I’m looking forward to seeing him in HBP!

Posted by badger666 on March 03, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator
Potter_thumb

OH NO!! Tom noooooo!!!

Sorry – Twitter tweetage has taken over my eljay friends page. I’m so not into the minutiae of people’s lives. Even if it is Tom Felton’s. OK. Maybe not. o_o

Posted by gaminette [GTFO!] on March 03, 2009, 08:49 PM report to moderator

Posted by badger666 on March 03, 2009, 08:50 PM report to moderator
Dobbyyoda_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by bookishgal,OoM3,GS on March 03, 2009, 09:03 PM report to moderator
Lights-_by_hakupuff_thumb

I’m happy for Tom that he’s working on a new movie. And I thought the picture was pretty cool. :-) I’m glad he’s having a good time.

Posted by Samantha on March 03, 2009, 09:09 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

thinks about making a Twitter account just because Tom has one …. Nah. Though it is very tempting. _ That movie 13 Hours seems really good though. From his looks in the last scene, it seems very action-y.

Congratulations to Emma for getting into Yale! (Law School? Hm.)

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 03, 2009, 09:11 PM report to moderator
Img_0305_thumb

I just looked at Tom’s twitter page and I think it is hilarious that he was tweeting about eating pancakes. Some celebrities twitter pages are updated by PR people, etc. I’m thinking Tom’s is actually done by him. I doubt a PR person would be talking about what he was eating for breakfast. That’s awesome!

Posted by IWannaBeAWeasley on March 03, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator

"'Spew'?" said Harry, picking up a badge and looking at it. "What's this about?"[br]"Not [i]spew,[/i]" said Hermione impatiently. "It's S-P-E-W. Stands for the Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare."[br]"Never heard of it," said Ron.

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014