Tom Felton, Jason Isaacs Attend Empire Awards

Movies
March 29, 2009, 01:38 PM

Actors Tom Felton (Draco Malfoy) and Jason Isaacs (Lucius Malfoy) are attending the Empire Awards which are being held tonight in London. You can see early photos of the them at this event via this link to our Image galleries.  Update: Helena Bonham Carter is also attending tonight (more below) with photos of her starting here. Also be sure to follow along with the live blog as they announce the winners here.

Update One: Jason Isaacs presented the award for Best Director. He said:

Jason Isaacs: I just said to my wife, "I hope I don't have to follow Russell Crowe." I want to say a few words about Great Ormond Street - but first i want to say something about Empire, because they're written by and for people who love film, not like us who sometimes love film and sometimes just do it for the paycheque. But in this time of credit crunch Empire has decided to give something back to charity and support Great Ormond Street, which does fantastic work for sick children. So please give some money.

I'll tell you something about directors; there's always one on set, I think it's a union thing. They get the best headphones normally. They always arrive late and leave first. On location, they get first pick of the actors to have sex with, and judging by my director friends they're always moaning. If it wasn't for them, there'd be a lot more money to go around.

Update Two: Congratulations go to Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) who was named Best Actress for her role in Sweeney Todd. Upon winning, Ms. Carter said: Thanks so much. This is a real compliment, I'm very chuffed. I did work actually incredibly hard for that role, but I loved every bit of it, and it was so many dreams come true. I always wanted to be in a musical, to sing, to be in something by Steven Sondheim and I always wanted a baby girl. I actually got all that, thanks to Tim Burton. And I know he always wanted to be Best Actress, so this is as much his as mine. Thank you!

More when we get it, stay tuned!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Hbp_poster_two_thumb

Congratulations to Helena on her award!

Posted by Kirk on March 29, 2009, 05:41 PM report to moderator
Hp7main_thumb

How cool were those pictures!? Lucius Malfoy and Aragorn kicking it,:-)

Posted by 9and3qtrs[ROAR] on March 29, 2009, 05:48 PM report to moderator
Download_thumb

they better win something lol

Posted by Leander21[WBM] on March 29, 2009, 06:13 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

Cool! All the people going are Death Eaters!

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 29, 2009, 06:19 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

Congrats to Helena Bonham Carter! I didn’t realize Jason Isaacs was so funny!

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 29, 2009, 06:43 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Cool

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 29, 2009, 07:15 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

Nice photos! Congrats to Helena!

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 29, 2009, 07:26 PM report to moderator
Picture0093_thumb

So glad Helena Bonham Carter won. :)

Posted by Serpensortia [FTC!] on March 29, 2009, 07:50 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Congrats to all

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 29, 2009, 07:54 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Loved the pictures! Everyone looked great!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 29, 2009, 08:02 PM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

Sweet, picture of Jason Isaacs with Cillian Murhpy :) I like.

Posted by But Hagrid... on March 29, 2009, 09:29 PM report to moderator
Img_44501_thumb

everyone looked nice. and i really liked helena’s sass. haha

Posted by mai {beatnik owl} on March 29, 2009, 11:33 PM report to moderator

That’s sweet.

Posted by Bradyboy on March 30, 2009, 01:26 AM report to moderator
108_thumb

Awesome!

Posted by Melinae ♥Squee♥/Professor Truffle on March 30, 2009, 11:54 AM report to moderator
Avatar_hp_thumb

Cool, and congrats to Helena – she is an awesome actress! :D x

[i]"Signed photos?[/i] You're giving out [i]signed photos,[/i] Potter?"... "Everyone line up!" Malfoy roared to the crowd. "Harry Potter's giving out signed photos!"