Issue Twenty-Six of Scribbulus Now Online

Scribbulus
Posted by: Edward
March 29, 2009, 12:04 AM

The twenty-sixth issue of Leaky's premier essay project, Scribbulus, is now online, filled with a variety of essays related to the Harry Potter novels for your reading pleasure.  Our March issue features five essays, which include a character analysis of the character of Petunia Dursley, a side-by-side comparison of the childhoods of Severus Snape and Harry Potter, an analysis of the chess game as portrayed in the Sorcerer's Stone film, a discussion of Hermione's parents, and a warning about reading the Harry Potter books.

We also give our congratulations, along with 100 MyLeaky points, to Moose_Starr, who has won the Reader's Choice Poll for his essay The Sphinx and the Spider from Issue 25.  All authors who have their essays published in Scribbulus will receive 75 MyLeaky points as well.

This, and all of our previous issues of Scribbulus, are available on the Scribbulus section of the site.  Information submitting your essay to Scribbulus can be found here, while you can also discuss our essays in our forum on the Leaky Lounge.

Enjoy!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Scribbulus News

Photo_41_thumb

sweet!

Posted by rebel on March 29, 2009, 03:25 PM report to moderator
Hbp_poster_two_thumb

I will download and read it next weekend. Many of the articles look interesting. Unfortunately, school is adamant upon sucking away as much of my free time as it can…

Posted by Kirk on March 29, 2009, 05:43 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

On a random note, a couple of these authors refer to the HP series as a “Saga”…I’ve never heard that term used for the series before. Hmm. Curious.

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 29, 2009, 07:10 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Interesting essays.

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 29, 2009, 08:08 PM report to moderator
L_32b0eddba4eb43718eb38ffa016162b2_thumb

I’ve never read one of these. I’ll have to give it a shot!

Posted by phantomdave79 on March 30, 2009, 12:35 AM report to moderator

Oh my god, I absolutely loved The Plothole that Ate a Mother and a Father by Eric Bowling!!!! It mesmerized me!! My compliments.

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 30, 2009, 08:04 AM report to moderator
Scarff_copy_thumb

the demon in my harry potter books is EXCELLENT. i had tears in my eyes!
and i absolutely agree about petunia. i never really thought she was that bad.
yeah…i think hermione just felt too seperate from her parents, but i think she loved them a lot too.
and yeah. there is a huge difference between neglect and abuse.

Posted by weasleyalltheway(rrooaarr!) on March 30, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator

Cool! These sound really interesting. I’ll definitely go read them.

Posted by badger666 on March 31, 2009, 12:11 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

Great publication!

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 31, 2009, 12:17 PM report to moderator

[i]That's what they should teach here,[/i] he thought, turning over onto his side, [i]how girls' brains work... it'd be more useful than Divination anyway...[/i]