Six New Character Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
March 26, 2009, 12:53 PM

Check it out! WB has released six new character posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as seen here via MSN:

Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe)

Professor Dumbledore (Sir Michael Gambon)

Hermione Granger (Emma Watson)

Ron Weasley ..is our king (Rupert Grint)

Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton)

Severus Snape (Alan Rickman)

Thanks so much Pat!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Triogrounds2cut_thumb

I really like them. I have come to accept the fact that Mione never wears (and never will wear) her uniform, but i think she looks very pretty. I like the birds. Draco looks like he’s wearing eyeliner-but still-hot. And Harry’s eyes look like they did when he was being tortured in the OotP film by Vlody. I dunno, I guess anything with Ron on his broomstick make me uncomfortable, maybe because of that shot of him in the trailers…They all look very dramatic and airbrushed, but I will be buying them as soon as I can because I think they’re cool.

Posted by kayzz on March 26, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
001_thumb

Powerful but a bit too much photoshop. Though the Snape poster reminds me of something from Batman I wouldn´t mind having it in my home :)

Posted by saffran { roar } on March 26, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator

Great!! Another bunch of fake photoshopped pics.. ¬¬ They are all so fake!! They look like plastic dolls… Ron and Hermione barely look like themselves.

Posted by Bonnie Radcliffe on March 26, 2009, 04:52 PM report to moderator
Cool_thumb

Draco looks wicked and Ron looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, and Dan looks like he’s gonna bite somebody, and Snape looks like he’s pimp-walkin’. Hahhaha!

Posted by weB3now on March 26, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator

Helloooooooo?? Where is Ginny?? XO

Posted by Bonnie Radcliffe on March 26, 2009, 04:56 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

oh! FINALLY got some Snape action.

Posted by Courtney Quirke on March 26, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
Films_dh_articles_dhew_11_thumb

I like Snape, Draco, and Dumbledore’s posters because they are the most intense looking. I like the new quidditch costume on Ron.

Posted by harrypotter1991{ROAR} on March 26, 2009, 05:00 PM report to moderator
Avataranna_thumb

I don’t like them at all
like some people said they are too photoshoped… they look like they could be adds for the video games tho
I also don’t get why their cutting the title of the movie… none of them shows the full title, and although we all know its called Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, other people will not know that…

Posted by Anna on March 26, 2009, 05:07 PM report to moderator
Normal_scan_thumb

I like the Dumbledore poster. In his pose, it’s a captured moment of power and strength, which is not contradictory to how Dumbledore was described in the books during intense moments. However, it would have suited movie 5 more than 6…Besides that, it’s the best poster of him so far (didn’t like the previous one, where he looks like Santa). I did think of Gandalf when I first saw it, but that was because it looked like Ian than Michael. Aside from that, I don’t find anything wrong with Dumbledore’s pose or photoshopped look. It’s nice to see this powerful side one last time…before he gets weak (at the end of HP 6) and then grandfatherly (HP 7, hopefully).

Posted by The Hollow on March 26, 2009, 05:16 PM report to moderator
Green_avatar_thumb

The pictures were great. Is it just me, or does Dumbledore look a little evil in his picture?

Posted by 3 Weasley Twin (ROAR!) ~{WWW Employee}~ on March 26, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Mypicture_thumb

Okay so they are way too photoshopped. Definitely not digging the Hermione one…looks like they did some “enhancing” and what not. Anyways the Draco one is intense he looks so much older

Posted by snapsforsnape [FTC!] on March 26, 2009, 05:18 PM report to moderator
Screen_shot_2010-10-29_at_12

These are awesome! Over-did the photoshop, but what else is new with WB?

Hermione’s and Harry’s look a little awkward, but I’m LOVING the Draco and Ron posters!!!!

Posted by KatherineWeasley on March 26, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator

Geeze…Dumbledore looks terrifying!!!

Posted by on March 26, 2009, 05:23 PM report to moderator
Emma-watson_790934c_thumb

yay!! i love the birds behind hermione!!!
and draco looks so creepy!!! i love it! :) some people complain that he looks too old but i think he should look mature considering the task he is trying to complete – he should age.

overall really good! July can’t come soon enough!

Posted by vivaHP on March 26, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator
Rowena_thumb

Finally, posters that match the intensity of the books! Everyone looks awesome (super photoshopped, yes, but you can’t deny the intensity) and the lighting is fantastic! Oh, I’m happy! And it finally seems like these posters will really attract non-HP people, too, and make them all, “oh, so that’s why everyone loves this series.” Okay, I’m enthused. Thanks for sharing with us!!

Posted by lumosshimmy {WBM!} on March 26, 2009, 05:26 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

[i]"The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord approaches... Born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the Dark Lord knows not... and either must