Six New Character Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
March 26, 2009, 12:53 PM

Check it out! WB has released six new character posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as seen here via MSN:

Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe)

Professor Dumbledore (Sir Michael Gambon)

Hermione Granger (Emma Watson)

Ron Weasley ..is our king (Rupert Grint)

Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton)

Severus Snape (Alan Rickman)

Thanks so much Pat!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Is22581022_thumb

“Those posters are absolutely AWFUL!! I cannot stand them, they all look so pathetic (with the exception of Snape possibly). How can people like them. Gambon just looks like the same old moron and terrible actor that hes been. Emma Watson looks like some random girl trying so ever hard to be Hermione Granger, but failing spectacularly, and Harry looks like an idiot. Steve Kloves deserves to be locked in a cupboard under the stairs for the rest of his life and whoever dresses the actors should be royally ashamed. Jesus i cant stand these things!!”

Then please stop watching, and save us your actor bashing and pathetically hateful whining. Also, how the heck does Kloves have anything to do with these posters? You’re not making since here.

Posted by YodatheHobbit on March 26, 2009, 02:28 PM report to moderator
Smartgirlsrule_thumb

I love how Hermione’s poster has birds flying in the background. Hilarious. Otherwise they look nice, but definitely a little over the top on the photo-shopping. Nice to see a Snape poster!

Posted by phoenixphire24 (ROAR!!!) on March 26, 2009, 02:29 PM report to moderator
L_s_icon_thumb

I’m not really into the cut-off title. And I cannot stand the excessive airbrushing, particularly on Emma and Rupert. I don’t know why they feel the need to do that. It just makes them look like wax manikins…I do like the background graphics behind the characters, though, and they did a good job of making Draco look creepy.

Posted by VeganMudblood on March 26, 2009, 02:30 PM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

They’re good… But Sue’s right it’s a bit too photoshopped… HG doesn’t even look natural…

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on March 26, 2009, 02:32 PM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

I don’t like them.

Posted by But Hagrid... on March 26, 2009, 02:36 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

Ron looks cool in his quidditch outfit, but yeah, I agree, they’ve all been heavily photoshopped. But they still look cool!

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on March 26, 2009, 02:37 PM report to moderator

Yet again, Poor Emma is airbrushed to within an inch of her life! And why are Hermione’s clothes getting increasing smaller and tighter each year? How very unlike Hermione….

Posted by pipkin3 on March 26, 2009, 02:38 PM report to moderator
Mejaturned_thumb

I agree with whoever said Harry looked a little awkward. I’m not a Draco fan, but Tom Felton looks perfect in this poster… all of the Malfoy arrogance and undeniable style. Dumbledore is not someone I’d want to meet in a dark alley, for sure! I think Ron looks awesome – but the broom … well… :-O

Posted by Pattipenni on March 26, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Weasleycar_thumb

Oops, accidentally sent that, I was going to elaborate on why I don’t care for them. I basically agree that they got a bit carried away with the airbrushing. It’s ashame because I think they have great potential. These 6 characters basically are the HBP book and I agree with the poster who said they like the backgrounds of each. Snape is the best looking one, I think.

Posted by But Hagrid... on March 26, 2009, 02:40 PM report to moderator

Yeah they have been touched up, but that is to be expected. I do enjoy the Ron poster, he finally doesn’t look like the goofy sidekick- but a force to be reckoned with!

Posted by JS297206 on March 26, 2009, 02:41 PM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

These are epic and made of awesome!!!

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on March 26, 2009, 02:42 PM report to moderator
Thio_palha_o_msn_thumb

I’m waiting for the day some of these photoshop enthusiast responsible for the HP posters will say:

“Hey! Look! Dan’s got a scar on his forehead!! I better take this out!!”

Posted by Thio on March 26, 2009, 02:43 PM report to moderator
Mejaturned_thumb

I forgot to mention – Snape’s looked like he finally washed his hair! What’s up with that? ;o)

Posted by Pattipenni on March 26, 2009, 02:44 PM report to moderator
Hermionehb_thumb

I’m excited…. but at the same time a bit disappointed. Why do the keep photoshopping everybody so much? They look so fake. Personally i think the posters of the first 4 movies were much better than the ones for OOTP and HBP. Please don’t mess up the main poster and cover WB!!!! On a positive note; the idea for the posters is nice, with the title in the back. That’s all i can say.

Posted by Salame on March 26, 2009, 02:48 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

The one of Dumbledore is amazing. I wonder whether Michael Gambon has read the books yet.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 26, 2009, 02:53 PM report to moderator

"You haven't got a letter on yours," George observed. "I suppose she thinks you don't forget your name. But we're not stupid -- we know we're called Gred and Forge."