Six New Character Posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

HBP Film
March 26, 2009, 12:53 PM

Check it out! WB has released six new character posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as seen here via MSN:

Harry Potter (Dan Radcliffe)

Professor Dumbledore (Sir Michael Gambon)

Hermione Granger (Emma Watson)

Ron Weasley ..is our king (Rupert Grint)

Draco Malfoy (Tom Felton)

Severus Snape (Alan Rickman)

Thanks so much Pat!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent HBP Film News

Drusilla-twisted-characters-10049300-1400-900_thumb

Wow! Finally we get to see Dumbledore’s black hand. Their faces look so synthetic, why do they always have to mess of up? Ron looks excellent!

Posted by witless witch*not*(WBM!!) on March 28, 2009, 12:57 AM report to moderator

I like them! Snape looks so intense and angry. I don’t think he’s ever had his own poster before, so that’s cool. He is the title character after all. Draco is looking good too and Hermione.

Posted by badger666 on March 28, 2009, 01:24 AM report to moderator

Love the posters, really good job. The faces however … I don’t even have to go into it I guess. Seconding everyone else who has already pointed out that … they look like wax dolls. Urgh.

Posted by Lupa on March 28, 2009, 05:19 AM report to moderator
Greenavatar_thumb

Very cool ! I especially like the Ron, Malfoy (who looks sickly) and Snape posters

Avatar_nerd_thumb

I love them all! And I really love Hermione’s jeans… Lol!

Posted by Imperiused! on March 28, 2009, 09:11 AM report to moderator
Patronus_thumb

I love how Snape’s is the only face that’s half hidden in shadow. Great poster.

Posted by (((((ROAR!)))))keenlife07 on March 28, 2009, 09:46 AM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

I think i like Draco’s best. He does look evil, but i think he looks more sick and determined, and for that reason i think his is the most true to the character… based on what i’ve seen. I’m really excited for the movie!

Oh, also, Dumbledore has a beard that can finally be tucked into his belt. That makes me happy. :) I still don’t think his wand looks like the Elder Wand. I wonder if they’ll keep the same model for DH?

Posted by scarletti1 on March 28, 2009, 10:11 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

It doesn’t look like anything I would imagine from an HP book, but they still look amazing XD

Posted by BeAchL0veEr05 ☼ on March 28, 2009, 11:31 AM report to moderator
Bab10_thumb

Why are so many complaining about photoshop? I don’t think they are supposed to look like photographs, the posters have been photoshoped so they look more like illustrations.

Posted by Old_gnarled_woman on March 28, 2009, 12:24 PM report to moderator
Img_1490_thumb

If Dumbledore’s wand in the poster is supposed to be the Elder Wand, I’ve gotta say it looks horrible.

Posted by Whoosits [WBM!] on March 28, 2009, 01:02 PM report to moderator
Harry-potter-voldemort-thumb_normal_thumb

wow dumbledore looks very grumy there! it made me LOL!

Posted by LoSushi! [[ ROAR ]] on March 28, 2009, 01:14 PM report to moderator
Normal_tomriddle2_scarpotter_thumb

I love these! I think they are great! And Dumbledore’s hand is black! I didn’t notice the birds in Hermione’s. I especially love Ron’s, Dumbledore’s and Snape’s.

Posted by Huffleclaw65 on March 28, 2009, 01:23 PM report to moderator
Jbavvybadge_thumb

They’re great! I’m particularly intrigued by the addition of Snape and Malfoy. They are obviously very important to the story, and I think they both have very powerful pictures.

I want to talk about Snape. Most everyone else has some kind of fierce look, and his looks almost more like he’s in emotional pain and stress—which I think is really representational of who we know he is now post DH.

Of the “heroes”, Dumbledore definitely has the most power and control—I would not want to cross that man.

Posted by JBJeans on March 28, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

Ron looks hot in that pic.

Posted by snapealicious on March 28, 2009, 01:28 PM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

i’m so excited!!!

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on March 28, 2009, 01:44 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"I specifically asked Professor Flitwick whether students were allowed to come in the Hog's Head, and he said yes, but he advised me strongly to bring our own glasses."