Filming for Shell Cottage Scenes of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to Start in May

DH Film
March 26, 2009, 05:44 AM

There is more today on location filming that will take place on the coastline of Wales for the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Previously we told you a location in South Pembrokeshire had been selected to be the site of the emotion Shell Cottage scenes. Today, Wales Online reports this filming will take place shortly after Easter, with crews due to be in the Freshwater West coastline section of Wales for some 50 days to do construction. According to the piece, "a set will be built in Pembroke Dock and moved to a site in the dunes." Main filming for the scenes would take place over six days, and "was planned for early May."

Anyone who is in the area, please send in your photos and reports!

Full quotage as follows:

A report looking into bringing the film crew to the area was presented to the National Park’s development management committee last week. Members welcomed the potential benefits the films could bring to the area.

The report stated: “There are obvious spin-offs, both in the immediate input into the economy and raising the profile of the area, which may encourage others to visit.” Planning officer Cathy Milner said: “It’s a huge bonus for Pembrokeshire. There’s the input of the finance, and it will also raise the county’s profile.” Ms Milner said Freshwater West had captured the film makers’ imagination and six days’ filming was planned for early May.The Harry Potter crew is expected to be in the area for 50 days. A set will be built in Pembroke Dock and moved to a site in the dunes.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent DH Film News

Wig4_thumb

This so good.

Posted by Fleur-de- Lily on March 26, 2009, 05:55 AM report to moderator
Tumblr_ljx6bckvt81qayzvw_thumb
2043 Points

What a lovely place to film it just where i thought it be like

Posted by GinnyRose2004 on March 26, 2009, 06:04 AM report to moderator
Pru2_thumb
2016 Points

Squee!!!! Oh My I can’t even believe that they’re going to be doing that whole scene… does that mean that Bill and Fleur will make it in? Or will the wedding be Tonks and Lupin?

Spos we’ll find out when they start fiiming after easter… will we get R/Hr pics?

Posted by JustSuperMione on March 26, 2009, 06:21 AM report to moderator
Swan_thumb

…So, Shell Cottage is in the first movie then?

Posted by Kalin [WBM] on March 26, 2009, 06:33 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Woot! I saw this on twitter and I was screaming while reading and people here at work look at me crazy. LOL! So first Dobby will be in DH part 1, then Shell Cottage. So we are nearing the conclusion that the split will be in the Malfoy Manor, giving the battle more time I guess. Hmmm… I’m still not that crazy about a possible Malfoy Manor split, I still think it’s too late, but I’ll wait and see… :)

And yeah! Please give us a picture with Ron carrying Herms, like, NOW!!! :D

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 26, 2009, 06:48 AM report to moderator
3176_1148335864275_1103912219_30424142_7574358_n-3_thumb

Or maybe the split will happen after Dobby’s funeral. Or sometime upon Dobby’s death? Hmmm… I’m mixing everything! I’ve forgotten the Malfoy Manor is before and not after Shell Cottage. So the split might happen much later than the Malfoy Manor? Hmmm…

Posted by Mhæy™⌠R☺AR⌡ on March 26, 2009, 06:50 AM report to moderator

That’s absolutely great. So they will film during spring…mmm

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 26, 2009, 06:54 AM report to moderator
I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

COOL! So..the split would be after malfoy manor? Ah well, it would be great if it were when Ron comes back.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 26, 2009, 07:00 AM report to moderator
Ginny_thumb

ya i agree… like while harry was drowning would be cool. now i want to go to wales!!

Posted by ginnywp WBM on March 26, 2009, 07:08 AM report to moderator

i wanna wanna wanna be there when they film Dobby’s death scene! Please, WB, I could be a shell, or a dune or a pebble, or one of the stars that reflect in the orbs of Dobby’s lifeless eyes. sob.

reading previous comments, though, not sure why this news item means a Malfoy Manor split.? what am I missing?

Posted by pottershrink on March 26, 2009, 07:43 AM report to moderator

This still doesn’t give us a clue when the split will be. Just because they are filming it now, doesn’t mean shell cottage is in Part 1. This scene in the book takes place around april/may ish correct? this would be the only window to get the season right… they can’t film the spring scene in december. Based on the news that Dobby is in part 1&2 I would still say that shell cottage is in part 2, and that this is just timing to have the scene taking place in the right season with out having alter the film to make it look springlike.

I think the split should be when Harry jump in for the sword and the locket strangles him… as he is struggling the screen should just start to fade out and boom… end of the movie. I know this might me a little early to split, but what a way to drag the nonreaders back!

Posted by JS297206 on March 26, 2009, 07:47 AM report to moderator

I also suspect as we have not heard anything about them bringing back Clemence as fleur or recast the role, that there will be no bill & fleur, but maybe just bill living on his own, or maybe having the twins live with him? I still hope for the wedding though!

Posted by JS297206 on March 26, 2009, 07:54 AM report to moderator
User144_pic2545_1286857182_thumb

That is great that they will have Shell Cottage in the movie that was one of my favorite parts in the book.

Posted by firekeeper on March 26, 2009, 08:35 AM report to moderator
282337_f260_thumb

I don’t think Shell is for movie 7! They are filming it now because the weather is good in May (they get the least rain there then). Most of these scenes are outside and they need the good weather. They are probably saving it for the eighth!

Anyone agree?

Posted by PensievePlotter on March 26, 2009, 08:39 AM report to moderator

Well, that’s good news! :)

Posted by Mairéad on March 26, 2009, 08:40 AM report to moderator

"...Harry has been achieving very poor results in his classes with me --"[br]"I should have made my meaning plainer," said Professor McGonagall, turning at last to look Umbridge directly in the eyes. "He has achieved high marks in all his Defense Against