Harry Potter Movies Being Filmed at Leavesden and Pinewood Studios

Props-Sets
March 25, 2009, 03:21 PM

There is a new article online today regarding studios and the filming of the final Harry Potter movies. The Telegraph reports that legendary UK film studio Pinewood Shepperton "pushed full-year profits on by 12pc to £5.9m pre-tax in 2008, benefiting from the filming of Slumdog Millionaire, Mamma Mia! and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

As readers will long recall, the bulk of filming on the Harry Potter films has taken place at Leavesden Studios. Only recently we at TLC first brought you these photos of a set under construction for the Deathly Hallows films at Pinewood. Today, the Telegraph article confirms that some filming for the final installment in the Harry Potter series will be done at Pinewood as well. Quotage:

Films scheduled at Pinewood Studios this year include the next installment of Harry Potter, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1. The company warned that film revenues in 2009 will be strongly weighted to the second half.

As a reminder, you can also see photos of the now permanent sets used for the Harry Potter films at Leavesden, such as Hagrid's Hut, the Burrow, Privet drive and more in our galleries.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Props-Sets News

Rupes_maggie_thumb

That’s because DH is going to be so huge! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 25, 2009, 06:47 PM report to moderator
Voila_thumb

Ooh nice location!

Posted by maera-kyrie on March 25, 2009, 07:07 PM report to moderator
Dhonesheet_thumb

Awesome! But I feel like we’re getting more Deathly Hallows news than HBP news…this is just weird. I can’t believe there are two movies! I don’t know what to be excited about!!

Posted by cghambright on March 25, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I’m so excited! This movie looks really AMAZING!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on March 25, 2009, 07:37 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

i cant wait for DH….its gonna be AWESOME!!!!!! but so so sad…im gonna cry so hard

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on March 25, 2009, 08:42 PM report to moderator
Tree_thumb

I’m gonna be close butyet so far, as on Monday 30th March 09, I’ll be filming as a contestant for The Weakest Link with Anne Robinson (if all you in the US can’t remember her, a short ginger haired woman who tried to be mean, but got shouted back from your contestants.)
I wanna see the set and The Weakest Link know I’m a huge Harry Potter fan so they’ll probably use it against me if they really want to.

All UK peeps, I don’t know when it’ll be aired but if I copy it onto my DVD Recorder I’m getting the next day (Cos it’ll be my 21st Birthday) I’ll sneak it onto Youtube for world to see before being shot down by the BBC and celedon.

Posted by norweigian_ridgeback on March 25, 2009, 09:51 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

Cool

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 25, 2009, 10:09 PM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

The anticipation just keeps building.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 25, 2009, 11:29 PM report to moderator
Normal_films_dh2_poster_001_thumb

Cool!

Posted by Zsquared on March 26, 2009, 05:19 AM report to moderator

great!!!

Posted by ele0206 -ROAR- on March 26, 2009, 06:52 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

Man I can’t wait to see Half blooded prince… Dumbledore falling of the astronomy tower…heaven!!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on March 26, 2009, 07:55 AM report to moderator

I want to see the movie, I wanna see it !!!!

Posted by Shivi {ROAR} !! on March 26, 2009, 10:16 AM report to moderator

The reason for also using Pinewood is probably lack of space at Leavesden. DH it´s a big movie with a lot of settings and set construction takes time. They can shoot at Pinewood while they rebuild/redress something in Leavesden and so on. And they go on location for Shell Cottage. :)

Posted by Fonty on March 26, 2009, 02:39 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

Cool can’t wait to see the last of the HP films!!!

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 26, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator

Hagrid’s Hut is a permanent set? Seemed different in every movie to me …

Posted by KayWeasley on March 26, 2009, 10:15 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Is this necklace for sale?" she asked, pausing beside a glass-fronted case.[br]"If you've got one and a half thousand Galleons," said Mr. Borgin coldly.[br]"Oh -- er -- no, I haven't got quite that much," said Hermione, walking on.