Tom Felton Talks Potter Actor Jam Sessions, and Wizard Rockers Draco and the Malfoys

Felton
March 24, 2009, 10:02 AM

Actor Tom Felton recently gave a new interview to Feltbeats.com, where the Draco Malfoy actor discussed his love of music, jamming on the set with fellow Harry Potter actors, and even a bit on Wizard Rockers Draco and the Malfoys.

While it isn't quite the Weird Sisters at work on set, Tom Felton first discussed his long love of music, and time spent with fellow cast members playing music on the set. Quotage from the interview:

TF:As far as jamming on the set with people, I know James Phelps is a big guitar man. I think he's more into his electric, shredding up the e-string and that sort of thing. He was always working, though, as well, so we never actually got a chance. One of the young chaps, Freddie Stroma (Cormac) - we had a little jam once on one of the nicer days outside. He brought his guitar and I had mine. And some of the crew members as well.

FB: Were you wearing your school uniforms while you were playing?
TF: Yes, I think so. It was a really sunny day the day we played so I remember being really hot in my uniform outside!

FB: And doesn't Matt Lewis play?
TF: And Matt Lewis, yeah! I didn't realize he jammed on the strings! He sent me a message the other day. He said, "Loved the new song; I really want the chords." And I didn't realize he played the guitar. That's cool, that's cool. We've got another jammer on the list.

FB: Yeah, you guys should have, like, a Harry Potter Reunion Tour.
TF: Yeah, that's it. We should have a band, shouldn't we? Brilliant.

Talk then turned to the wildly popular Wizard Rock, where Tom Felton described learning of the fan based rock music recently while here in Florida, where he spoke on the phone to members of Draco and the Malfoys (Brad and Brian). In what is surely a cool thing, Tom described this encounter as follows:

TF: Well, you know, when I was in America, I was brought aware of this thing called wizard rock. Are you aware of such a thing?

FB: Oh, yeah, definitely!
TF: Oh my god, I had no idea that people were actually making a living out of singing about, you know, Harry Potter! It's craaazy, man! I find that so fun!

FB: Have you heard any of the songs, then?
TF: The funny thing is, we met a lady once who actually sung in one of the bands. And she got some of her friends on the phone. I think it was a band called 'Draco and the Malfoys'?

FB: Yeah, yeah!
TF: Yeah, it's quite random! And I spoke to them, and was like, "Hello, nice to meet you." I won't lie, I thought it was a novelty thing; I didn't realize it had this huge following! And they actually have gigs and stuff! I was like, "Wow!" I mean, 'Draco and the Malfoys' actually toured Europe! It's incredible.

FB: And have you heard their song "Tom Felton's Kinda Hot"?
TF: Well, I think I heard about that... Aren't there guys in that band?

FB: Yes, but it is from Draco's perspective, see? All the songs in wizard rock are from the perspective of the character the group is named after. So this song is about how Draco thinks you're a good actor to play him in the movies.
TF: Well, there you go. How bizarre! How bizarre. Wow, well, that gives me more insight!

Thanks to Feltbeats, and much to Emma from Snitchseeker, who emailed about their questions that Tom answered!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

Crim0304_thumb

LOve it!

Posted by Sally_Zaar on March 25, 2009, 06:49 AM report to moderator
Lc027_thumb

Tom is so hot man. I love his music, I didn’t know he could sing.

Posted by elecktra_snape on March 25, 2009, 08:03 AM report to moderator
Th_goficons-mmarauder-38_thumb

Okay, Tom and Matt playing together would be one of the best things ever! And that Draco and the Malfoys story is funny!

Posted by mrh216 on March 25, 2009, 08:08 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Such a nice, regular guy – no big head.

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 25, 2009, 10:09 AM report to moderator
L_14a5217ad3d6474c94123a84eb762af8_thumb

That was interesting.

Posted by lilhpchick20 on March 25, 2009, 11:34 AM report to moderator
Normal_fredjorgeweasley_scarpotter_thumb

Great interview he is funny!!!
I would give anything to see him and James Phelps playing, maaaaaaan that would be soooooooooo good!!!

Posted by Slytherin Princess ^hiss^ on March 25, 2009, 01:51 PM report to moderator
Fangirl_thumb

Wow, I didn’t know wrock was just a US thing. o.o I love how cool he thinks the whole thing is, like his whole reaction is just “Wow, that’s amazing!”

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 25, 2009, 08:03 PM report to moderator

It is very good to see these young people pursuing positive things outside of what they do in the HP movie series. They all seem to have very bright futures.

Posted by RavenSmith {[WBM]} on March 25, 2009, 10:13 PM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Hilarious! Tom Felton is awesome! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on March 26, 2009, 01:13 AM report to moderator

That’s such a funny interview. I love it. The part about DatM…lol. He seems like such a nice guy. And he totally should start a band with the other HP actors. That would be awesome.

Posted by badger666 on March 26, 2009, 02:40 AM report to moderator
Harry_potter_thumb

It’s too cute.

Posted by Lady of the Lake on March 26, 2009, 11:52 AM report to moderator
Snapeharry_thumb

So cute!!!

Posted by missskye «Я☼AR» {OoM2} on March 27, 2009, 05:17 PM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

hahaha, i love how he was asked about ‘Tom Felton’s Kinda Hot!’ I used that song in a research paper on harry potter!

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on March 28, 2009, 12:10 PM report to moderator
Laurie_kins_yahoo

The more I hear about TF, the cooler he gets.

Posted by snapealicious on March 28, 2009, 01:25 PM report to moderator
Draco-draco-malfoy-2533953-75-75_thumb

I LOVE IT! tom is such a nice guy…it would be so great if i could talk to him

Posted by Alexandra_Isis on March 28, 2009, 04:21 PM report to moderator

Perhaps it was because he was now so busy, what with Quidditch practice three evenings a week on top of all his homework, but Harry could hardly believe it when he realized that he'd already been at Hogwarts two months. The castle felt more like home than