Tom Felton Talks Potter Actor Jam Sessions, and Wizard Rockers Draco and the Malfoys

Felton
March 24, 2009, 10:02 AM

Actor Tom Felton recently gave a new interview to Feltbeats.com, where the Draco Malfoy actor discussed his love of music, jamming on the set with fellow Harry Potter actors, and even a bit on Wizard Rockers Draco and the Malfoys.

While it isn't quite the Weird Sisters at work on set, Tom Felton first discussed his long love of music, and time spent with fellow cast members playing music on the set. Quotage from the interview:

TF:As far as jamming on the set with people, I know James Phelps is a big guitar man. I think he's more into his electric, shredding up the e-string and that sort of thing. He was always working, though, as well, so we never actually got a chance. One of the young chaps, Freddie Stroma (Cormac) - we had a little jam once on one of the nicer days outside. He brought his guitar and I had mine. And some of the crew members as well.

FB: Were you wearing your school uniforms while you were playing?
TF: Yes, I think so. It was a really sunny day the day we played so I remember being really hot in my uniform outside!

FB: And doesn't Matt Lewis play?
TF: And Matt Lewis, yeah! I didn't realize he jammed on the strings! He sent me a message the other day. He said, "Loved the new song; I really want the chords." And I didn't realize he played the guitar. That's cool, that's cool. We've got another jammer on the list.

FB: Yeah, you guys should have, like, a Harry Potter Reunion Tour.
TF: Yeah, that's it. We should have a band, shouldn't we? Brilliant.

Talk then turned to the wildly popular Wizard Rock, where Tom Felton described learning of the fan based rock music recently while here in Florida, where he spoke on the phone to members of Draco and the Malfoys (Brad and Brian). In what is surely a cool thing, Tom described this encounter as follows:

TF: Well, you know, when I was in America, I was brought aware of this thing called wizard rock. Are you aware of such a thing?

FB: Oh, yeah, definitely!
TF: Oh my god, I had no idea that people were actually making a living out of singing about, you know, Harry Potter! It's craaazy, man! I find that so fun!

FB: Have you heard any of the songs, then?
TF: The funny thing is, we met a lady once who actually sung in one of the bands. And she got some of her friends on the phone. I think it was a band called 'Draco and the Malfoys'?

FB: Yeah, yeah!
TF: Yeah, it's quite random! And I spoke to them, and was like, "Hello, nice to meet you." I won't lie, I thought it was a novelty thing; I didn't realize it had this huge following! And they actually have gigs and stuff! I was like, "Wow!" I mean, 'Draco and the Malfoys' actually toured Europe! It's incredible.

FB: And have you heard their song "Tom Felton's Kinda Hot"?
TF: Well, I think I heard about that... Aren't there guys in that band?

FB: Yes, but it is from Draco's perspective, see? All the songs in wizard rock are from the perspective of the character the group is named after. So this song is about how Draco thinks you're a good actor to play him in the movies.
TF: Well, there you go. How bizarre! How bizarre. Wow, well, that gives me more insight!

Thanks to Feltbeats, and much to Emma from Snitchseeker, who emailed about their questions that Tom answered!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Felton News

I-quote_hogwarts0144_thumb

ah, that’s quite hilarious.

Posted by BewareoftheNargles {WBM} on March 24, 2009, 04:16 PM report to moderator
N1489362413_9748_thumb

LOL I’d never realized Tom Felton could be so funny!

Posted by Daniela [WBM] on March 24, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Msn_thumb

I would so go see him in concert! He’s a great singer! And actor too!

Posted by HermioneRon4ever on March 24, 2009, 04:51 PM report to moderator
Harry_potter_mug_thumb

That’s so awesome! I wish I could play well enought to jam…

Posted by felicitas on March 24, 2009, 04:58 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

cool

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 24, 2009, 05:01 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

My friend gave him that DatM CD in Orlando! YAY! subtle

Posted by Courtney Quirke on March 24, 2009, 05:21 PM report to moderator
Lily_evans_thumb

So funny Tom is so hot and can sing wow.

Posted by Athenamalfoy on March 24, 2009, 05:56 PM report to moderator
Gallery_hermione_granger_1_thumb

I LOVE Tom Felton!!!!!! :D :D He’s SO INCREDIBLY H-O-T!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Posted by Ginny Granger *Squee* on March 24, 2009, 06:00 PM report to moderator
Wrock_021_thumb

That’s an amazing interview.

Posted by Sarep [WBM] [IFTC] [Penguin] on March 24, 2009, 06:12 PM report to moderator
Dsc00472_thumb

hahaha thats awesome!

Posted by a1000wtp[FTC!!] on March 24, 2009, 06:39 PM report to moderator
102_0002_thumb

I love that he knows about Wizard Rock, it makes life more fun lol

Posted by Carmenriots on March 24, 2009, 07:03 PM report to moderator
A_tom_felton_july_23_2011b_thumb

Very cool interview. I never would have thought that the actors hadn’t even heard of Wizard Rock. Sweet!

Posted by HollyLime on March 24, 2009, 07:09 PM report to moderator
B9ce557d1547686c_thumb

What a cutie McCutester lol

Posted by ErinM {Roar} on March 24, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Evanna2_thumb

aah perfeeecct!!! lol. dont want to sound too much like a squealing fangirl xD
great interview!

Posted by tonksgirl *ROAR* on March 24, 2009, 07:22 PM report to moderator
Rupes_maggie_thumb

So Funny! The HP actors really should be in a band that would be awesome! :)

Posted by hermyone*ROAR* on March 24, 2009, 07:23 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"The Ministry of Magic guarantees that you are not in danger from any Dark wizard. If you are still worried, by all means come and see me outside class hours. If someone is alarming you with fibs about reborn Dark wizards, I would like to hear about it. I