Robert Pattinson Nominated for Best Newcomer at Empire Awards

Pattinson
Posted by: Edward
March 02, 2009, 02:26 PM

The nominees for the 2009 Empire Awards have been announced including a 'Best Newcomer' nod for actor Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory).  Mr. Pattinson joins fellow 'newcomers' Gemma Arterton, Jim Sturgess, Toby Kebell, Hayley Atwell in this category.

In addition, a few projects featuring actors from the Harry Potter series have been recognized, starting with Brendan Gleeson (Professor Moody), Ralph Fiennes (Lord Voldemort), and Clémence Poésy (Fleur) for the film In Bruges, which received two nominations in the categories of Best Comedy and Best British film.  Finally, the film Sweeney Todd  garnered nominations in the of Best Horror, Best Soundtrack, and Best Director (Timothy Burton) categories, with Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix Lestrange) mentioned as a contender for Best Actress.  Voting is now open for registered Empire Online members and runs through March 12th.  The awards ceremony is slated for March 29, 2009.

Congratulations to all!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Pattinson News

Fangirl_thumb

Congratulations to everyone, but I must say that I didn’t care for Rob’s acting in his newest movie, Twilight. =\

On another note, Sweeney Todd has to win! That film was simply amazing!

Posted by Miss Smarticle on March 02, 2009, 04:32 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

congrats!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 02, 2009, 04:39 PM report to moderator
Photo_41_thumb

congrats!

Posted by rebel on March 02, 2009, 04:45 PM report to moderator
Dailyboothedit_thumb
1964 Points

Wow congrats all! Well done!

Posted by VioletPhoenix*ROAR* on March 02, 2009, 04:48 PM report to moderator
My_hero_neville_thumb

I’m really squeamish about violence on-screen. But I still went to see “Sweeney Todd” because Johnny Depp is one of my favorite actors. It is the GORIEST film I have ever seen. I knew the basic story, but I had no idea there would be so much blood. VERY NAIVE of me.

Posted by KB Prez [ROAR!] on March 02, 2009, 04:49 PM report to moderator
Paolo_nutini2_thumb

I hope every1 win. . . . the only loser is me. . . . (but thats not possible)

Posted by Sidish_black6 [WBM] on March 02, 2009, 05:20 PM report to moderator
Buddy_icon_2027_thumb

Everyone is so good, and all really deserve it! Congratulations!

Posted by Harryfan24 ROAR! on March 02, 2009, 05:24 PM report to moderator
Tumblr_lof6suzoya1qzaf17o4_250_thumb

Rob is a great guy,and he totally deserves this award. He really is the best newcomer.

Posted by Matea on March 02, 2009, 05:44 PM report to moderator
Lily_et_harry_by_fonsalis_thumb

I think all the people in Harry Potter should win, excluding Rob. I mean, he’s only in there for his Edward role in Twilight, not because he’s a good Cedric, like he was. I hope they all win, though, especially Mad Eye. He’s just a really good actor, and so is Helen Bonham Carter. And, I’m surprised they haven’t reconized Ralph Fiennes yet. He plays a REALLY awesomely twisted Lord Voldemort, which seems really hard to play. Good luck to all of our favorite movie cast who were nominated, good luck and best wishes!

Posted by TimeTurnerFanx on March 02, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Ravenclawd_normal_thumb

I still can’t belive Rob went over to the dark side…

Posted by DobbyandWinky WBM!!! on March 02, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
67_richardoud_thumb

Good for them!

Posted by Noella_Mansrot [Raven] {WBM} on March 02, 2009, 06:02 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Ppl! Please vote on Helena Bonham Carter!!!! She deserves it!

Posted by sofia_g on March 02, 2009, 06:33 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Ppl! Please vote on Helena Bonham Carter!!!! She deserves it!

Posted by sofia_g on March 02, 2009, 06:34 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Ppl! Please vote on Helena Bonham Carter!!!! She deserves it!

Posted by sofia_g on March 02, 2009, 06:36 PM report to moderator
Harrypotter_thumb

Ppl! Please vote on Helena Bonham Carter!!!! She deserves it!

Posted by sofia_g on March 02, 2009, 06:37 PM report to moderator

Issue 28 - Aug. 2014

"Ah, I don' know, Harry," Hagrid sighed suddenly, looking back down at him with a worried expression on his face. "School champion... everythin' seems ter happen ter you, doesn't it?"