Ron and Hermione Make BBC Radio One Top Movie Couples List

Movies
Posted by: Edward
March 19, 2009, 04:01 PM

Update: Thanks to the many readers who let us know that an actual list of Top Five Movie Couples released on BBC Radio One by host James King making mention of Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) should read as follows:

5. Jennifer Lopez and George Clooney in "Out of Sight"
      4. Emma Watson and Rupert Grint in "Harry Potter"
      3. Julia Roberts and Richard Gere in "Pretty Woman"
      2. Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford in "Star Wars"
      1. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in "Mr and Mrs Smith"

An earlier list was apparently "a joke list" as seen below.

5.  Lady and the Tramp
4.  Harry and Lloyd (Dumb & Dumber)
3.  Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
2.  Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
1.  Xena Warrior Princess and Gabrielle
Thanks to Mhaey, Ivana at ICM, the BBC, and scores of others for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Me_halloween_thumb

Yay! I love Hermione and Ron as a couple! Is it weird that they remind me of my parents?

Posted by HugsForWizards on March 20, 2009, 12:50 PM report to moderator
Dsc02251_thumb

Anything related is top of my list no matter what the subject im very interested :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on March 20, 2009, 01:01 PM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

ha I can’t believe we fell for the first one…I mean, Lady & the Tramp? they are cartoon Dogs
& Xena? I mean she was great but that show hasn’t been around for YEARS
lol well R/Hr forever _

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on March 20, 2009, 01:09 PM report to moderator
Masterofmystery08_thumb

The list with Xena and Gabrielle is a fake list people! :D (Atlhough it’s a hilarious list, kind of unfortunate it isn’t the real one :lol:)

On the real list R/Hr is #4. Which is still very awesome. They are my OTP and therefore # 1 for me of course.

However, I have the impression this list wasn’t necessarily about the fictional couples’ chemistry, but the actors’ onscreen chemistry. And when it comes to that Rupert and Emma certainly, definitely deserve to be amont the top 5 too. :D

Posted by galadriel12 (ROAR) on March 20, 2009, 01:34 PM report to moderator

They should be number 1! I love these two.

When is Leaky going to post a Happy Birthday David Thewlis?

Posted by miss_dkm on March 20, 2009, 01:38 PM report to moderator

I like the “fake” list: I mean Lady and the Tramp is..IMO..soooooo adorable…And Harry and Lloyd, I mean the stupiest couple ever to appear on screen, but yet they´re totally loveable…Don´t know much about Xena..soooo can´t really make an opinion on that…Hmmmmm Brangelina….IMO the most OVERRATED couple in showbizz…

Posted by Sonja43 on March 20, 2009, 02:02 PM report to moderator

Congrats! Although I really disagree with the first choice on the list. Don’t like them in that movie at all.

Posted by eleranissa on March 20, 2009, 02:49 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

Awww! My favorite ship ever!!!!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 20, 2009, 03:16 PM report to moderator
Me_thumb

Well I’m glad they didn’t give Harry and Hermione one of the top movie couples’ spots! ducks as she gets rotten tomatoes thrown at her

Posted by the-charmed-baja on March 20, 2009, 03:23 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Alright!

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 20, 2009, 03:36 PM report to moderator
Ball_pic_thumb

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Hopelaa93 on March 20, 2009, 04:24 PM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

so are they saying that the actors or the characters are?

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on March 20, 2009, 04:27 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

They are the best and should be #1 IMO.

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 20, 2009, 04:54 PM report to moderator
Irish_eyes_thumb

Some of the listed characters have never been book characters to my knowledge, so I would think they must be talking about screen chemistry. Rupert and Emma just spark with it! (For those who claim they haven’t seen that chemistry yet, it’s the little things, people: the constant glances and looks, how close they stand, how protective Ron is of Hermione, occasional little touches…and yes, there were loads of hints in the OotP movie). But it’s the characters that JKR wrote who lend their own amazing chemistry to the actors.

Posted by Night Zephyr on March 20, 2009, 06:01 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

Erm…I suppose? I don’t think we’ve really seen a lot of Ron and Hermione on screen to designate them a “Top Movie Couple.” But whatever, good for them anyways.

Posted by Sarabi on March 20, 2009, 06:29 PM report to moderator

She jerked her head at Harry, who felt his stomach clench...[br]"This one's got a mean, runty look about him. You get that with dogs. I had Colonel Fubster drown one last year. Ratty little thing it was. Weak. Underbred."

Issue 28 - Apr. 2014