Ron and Hermione Make BBC Radio One Top Movie Couples List

Movies
Posted by: Edward
March 19, 2009, 04:01 PM

Update: Thanks to the many readers who let us know that an actual list of Top Five Movie Couples released on BBC Radio One by host James King making mention of Ron (Rupert Grint) and Hermione (Emma Watson) should read as follows:

5. Jennifer Lopez and George Clooney in "Out of Sight"
      4. Emma Watson and Rupert Grint in "Harry Potter"
      3. Julia Roberts and Richard Gere in "Pretty Woman"
      2. Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford in "Star Wars"
      1. Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt in "Mr and Mrs Smith"

An earlier list was apparently "a joke list" as seen below.

5.  Lady and the Tramp
4.  Harry and Lloyd (Dumb & Dumber)
3.  Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie
2.  Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger
1.  Xena Warrior Princess and Gabrielle
Thanks to Mhaey, Ivana at ICM, the BBC, and scores of others for mailing!

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Da_copy_thumb

Hmmm that is the craziest top 5 of anything I’ve seen! As Kalin points out though, the above list is not the actual top 5. The top 5 is a little more sensible that still includes Hermione/Ron.

Its a great subject to ponder over though. I think my top 5 on first thoughts will be:

5. Jim Carey and Kate Winslet in Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
4. Anthony Hopkins and Debra Winger in Shadowlands
5. Anthony Hopkins and Emma Thompson in Remains of the Day
2. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher in um..forgot the name of the movie
1. Kermit the Frog & Miss Piggy , LOL. Oh alright, non puppet no.1:

1. Clark Gable and Scarlet O Hara in Gone with the Wind!

Oh and a close runner up has to be Christopher Reeves and Margot Kidder in Superman. Oh and then there is Doris Day and Rock Hudson in Pillow Talk, Katherine Hepburn and Cary Grant in Bringing up Baby. Humphrey Boggart and Katherine Hepburn in African Queen. Damn too many now!

Ron Hermione and Harry are still a TRIO and not a couple in my mind so far in terms of the movies. Bookwise Ron/Hermione, no.1 all the way, baby!

Posted by Professor Potter on March 19, 2009, 06:20 PM report to moderator
Hp___poisonous_rose_colored_by_katima_thumb

Yah! Number two! Not bad! dances Yay Hermione/Ron!

Posted by scarletti1 on March 19, 2009, 06:24 PM report to moderator
Ron_and_hermione2_thumb

yah for ron/hermione. they are great. they are good in the movies but even better in the books.
a list like this makes me proud to support the good ship ron/hermione

Posted by sunshine123ROAR on March 19, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Violentlyviolet2_thumb

I love it! Yeah, the ones in the post are just a jokey top 5 before the real one was read out. I was a bit worried when I heard the first bit of the show as I thought maybe R/Hr might not be in the real list, but it’s superb that they are in both!

Posted by oj. on March 19, 2009, 06:49 PM report to moderator
Dsc00592_thumb

Awesome, but I admit that I LOL’ed at Xena and Gabrielle. You want to talk about chemistry without an on-screen kiss? ;)

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on March 19, 2009, 06:52 PM report to moderator

Lol, they aren’t even couples yet!

Posted by Bradyboy on March 19, 2009, 06:53 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

oh they so should have been number 1!!!!! and if HBP had come out already then harry and ginny would DEFINATLY be number one…there so cute

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on March 19, 2009, 06:58 PM report to moderator
4656_1105780456589_1589123784_30248503_5726170_n_thumb

oh and tonks and lupin would so be on there if DH was out because i mean come on!!! they are really cute together…poor teddy..oh well he has harry and ginny

Posted by theREALGinnyWeasley on March 19, 2009, 07:00 PM report to moderator
Wizziby_thumb

That’s a completely bizarre bunch

Posted by Wizziby on March 19, 2009, 07:02 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

Harry and Lloyd? Xena and Gabrielle? Since when did they actually become couples? I mean yeah, the chemistry was there for Xena but Dumb and Dumber? I must have totally missed that.
Still, it’s cool that they made the list. Even if the others are the last couples I would have thought of (where are Kate and Leo for Titanic/Revolutionary Road???).

Posted by fantasylover12001 on March 19, 2009, 07:05 PM report to moderator

Okay, I am way out of it, or maybe I was in college (not much TV watching) who is Xena? Great job by Emma and Rupert!

Posted by jljkehoe on March 19, 2009, 07:17 PM report to moderator
Green_hummers_thumb

That is great !!! I think they make a great couple. Cool

Posted by Lady Grey OoM2,CW*ROAR* on March 19, 2009, 07:18 PM report to moderator
Avatar_3_thumb

Wow, this is so cool!

Posted by Lavendergirl ~WBM~ on March 19, 2009, 07:19 PM report to moderator
Accio_milk_thumb

YAY! They are awesome. Hate to sound corny but they complete one another…

Posted by sometimesremus[ROAR] on March 19, 2009, 07:20 PM report to moderator
Avi_thumb

awesome
I hope in the half blood prince David Y. will put the part when Ron says “I love you” to Hermione

Posted by Viettt on March 19, 2009, 07:24 PM report to moderator

Someone knocked into Harry as they hurried past him. It was Hermione. Harry caught a glimpse of her face -- and was startled to see that she was in tears.[br] "I think she heard you."[br] "So?" said Ron, but he looked a bit uncomfortable. "She must've