New Harry Potter Character Sketches Due From Mary GrandPre

Books
March 19, 2009, 09:37 PM

The Herald Tribune is reporting tonight that artist Mary GrandPre, who provided illustrations and cover art for the US editions of the Harry Potter novels from Scholastic, will "draw 25 original sketches of characters from the series to benefit Forty Carrots Family Center's Capital Campaign."

The piece continues:

Reservations for the sketches, in black and white or color, will be taken during this weekend's Masters Art Festival at Payne Park in Sarasota. The sketches will be priced at $1,000 for black and white, $2,000 for color in a 9x12-inch size.

For more information call 365-7716.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Books News

Dsc02251_thumb

If only i had the money!! :D x

Posted by ChantyBabez on March 20, 2009, 01:06 PM report to moderator
1980 Points

aswome

Posted by floridianhp*ROAR* on March 20, 2009, 01:22 PM report to moderator
Patronus_part_2_004_thumb

awesome. I hope we get to see them some how.

Posted by skiving snackboxes on March 20, 2009, 01:41 PM report to moderator
Dscn0194_thumb
1921 Points

would love to be able to have one. But who would reserve a drawing without knowing what it was going to look like? maybe there will be sketches we can see. A book of her illustrations would be fantastic. I loved her cover for DH.

Posted by izziewitch on March 20, 2009, 01:42 PM report to moderator
P1010036_thumb

WoW! This is awsome. Hope picture come up on line.

Posted by Tonks1OoM4,CW[ROAR] on March 20, 2009, 01:45 PM report to moderator
Brandon_and_i_thumb

Awesome! I hope we get a chance to see all of the pictures.

Posted by Lttlmrmd on March 20, 2009, 02:52 PM report to moderator
Avpm_15_by_cuttlefishbella_thumb

Aww. I wish I could buy one. But a 13 year old doesn’t really carry $1000 in their purse lol :] No idea where Sarasota is lol.

Posted by Live Laugh Love Potter ♥ROAR♥ on March 20, 2009, 02:54 PM report to moderator
Swans_in_love_thumb
2062 Points

I agree with everyone else- I really hope we’ll be able to see them at some point too! I love her work and I’m dying to know which characters she’s going to sketch!

Posted by Alice Weasley{Weasley's Queen} [ROAR!] on March 20, 2009, 03:20 PM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

For a good cause

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 20, 2009, 03:32 PM report to moderator
Ahh_thumb

Cool. I hope they release photos of them to the public!

Posted by spicefan78 OoM1 {ROAR!} on March 20, 2009, 03:33 PM report to moderator
20110227_001_thumb

Wow this is awesome news! I hope we get to see them too, I love her work so much. I have a print of her depiction of the Flying Car scene from CoS and it’s beautiful.

Posted by Bookworm_Weasley {HS} {ROAR} on March 20, 2009, 03:47 PM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

cool!

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on March 20, 2009, 04:28 PM report to moderator
Imagen009_thumb

I hope we get to see them

Posted by selene21 (ROAR) on March 20, 2009, 04:53 PM report to moderator
Menkit_thumb

I really hope we’ll get to see some pictures!

Posted by Sarabi on March 20, 2009, 06:27 PM report to moderator
Casualvacanycover_2266306a_thumb

she’s an amazing artist!

Posted by Catherine ( *SQUEE!*) on March 20, 2009, 07:29 PM report to moderator

"Ron... haven't I been a good friend... a good pet? You won't let them kill me, Ron, will you... you're on my side, aren't you?"[br]But Ron was staring at Pettigrew with the utmost revulsion.[br]"I let you sleep in my [i]bed[/i]!" he said.