First of the Props Arrive in Chicago for Harry Potter, The Exhibition

Movies
March 18, 2009, 12:30 PM

Thanks to WB who let us know the first of the props have arrived in Chicago, as preparations are well underway for the opening of Harry Potter, The Exhibition. Today, the Flying Ford Anglia arrived in the Windy City, and you can see a photo of it here via the Official WB Harry Potter Widget. No word if the car flew to the city or was delivered via ordinary Muggle transportation methods ;)

As readers will recall, Harry Potter, the Exhibition is a traveling display of artifacts and sets seen in the beloved Harry Potter film series. The first stop in the tour is Chicago, Illinois where the exhibition will open at the Chicago Museum of Science and Industry next month on April 30 and will run until September 27, 2009. Tickets and additional information about the exhibit can be found via this link.

Previous Article | Next Article Browse all Recent Movies News

Dsc00592_thumb

Squee I can’t wait! It’s just a little over a month to go… I’ll be there first thing in the morning on the 30th!

Posted by Fuchsia [ROAR!] on March 18, 2009, 10:20 PM report to moderator

Cool.

Posted by badger666 on March 18, 2009, 10:38 PM report to moderator
H-r_thumb

I TOLD my parents we should be going to Chicago this year but NOO we have to go to see family. Darn. This is NEVER going to come to St. Louis of course…I hope someone takes pictures and posts it on the net.

Posted by fantasylover12001 on March 18, 2009, 11:49 PM report to moderator

Awesome!

Posted by on March 19, 2009, 12:19 AM report to moderator
Ravenclaw_thumb

thanks WB for letting us know ;D

Posted by Mary11_hplvr*WBM* on March 19, 2009, 12:31 AM report to moderator
4579_94174720317_720170317_2401105_7295224_n_thumb

I’m so excited!!!

Posted by Caitlin [Senegal Parrot] {WBM} on March 19, 2009, 01:47 AM report to moderator
Gftw_thumb

I wish i could go see it. I travel soooooo much I miss things that come to my area :-(

Posted by iconshero [GftW] on March 19, 2009, 01:59 AM report to moderator
Hermione_thumb

Cool!! :D

Posted by *Adeline* ~ ROAR! :D on March 19, 2009, 02:14 AM report to moderator
Dsc02812__2__thumb

Sure hope this exhibit does actually travel around the country a bit so more people will have the opportunity to enjoy it. What a cool excursion that would be!

Posted by Lillylove on March 19, 2009, 08:11 AM report to moderator
P1010630_thumb

Hope it comes to Boston – I’ll be there

Posted by Hagrid 713 (ROAR) on March 19, 2009, 11:14 AM report to moderator
49860_1104575754_1481_n_thumb

I hope this exhibit makes it to NYC.

Posted by Garden State Geek on March 19, 2009, 12:20 PM report to moderator
Violetzoomin_thumb

Maybe I can take a day off from work and take the family over summer time. Hmm, perhaps when the seventh month ends.

Posted by NuttyAsSP on March 20, 2009, 01:10 PM report to moderator
Greathornedowl_thumb

I wonder where it will be after Chicago?

Posted by PhoenixFlight [ITC!] on March 21, 2009, 02:15 PM report to moderator
Fish_02_thumb

How exciting!

Posted by Gobbledygook [Sparrow] [WBM] J.O.R. on March 21, 2009, 04:50 PM report to moderator
Z_thumb

its too far!

Posted by chocolaterabbits on March 21, 2009, 05:54 PM report to moderator

"You know how I think they choose people for the Gryffindor team? It's people they feel sorry for. See, there's Potter, who's got no parents, then there's the Weasleys, who've got no money -- you should be on the team, Longbottom, you've got no brains."